Birth of Phoenix

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks. Initially I was at 10 psi but later dropped down to 8 psi. The big lugs just didn’t do well on the ice. I never got stuck but was slipping and sliding more than others.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you’re going to be in conditions like that all day, consider chains. They make a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks. Initially I was at 10 psi but later dropped down to 8 psi. The big lugs just didn’t do well on the ice. I never got stuck but was slipping and sliding more than others.

Yeah, the ATs always preform better on the ice. Thanks, that’s what I had been running as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
If you’re going to be in conditions like that all day, consider chains. They make a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’ve done a few snow runs and didn’t have much of an issue but at the end of the day the conditions changed and left me sliding.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Loving the EVO tire carrier so far. No rattles or vibrations. Thought I would hate not having a swing gate with a supporting bearing but it’s not an issue. I might make some provision to keep the swing from swing all the way out on a slope to the passenger side. IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0346.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Had an air line relocate itself to the exhaust manifold on my last trip. Lost my rear locker and of course I didn’t have a repair kit on me. I had the 5mm one for the blue line but since I went to tons, everything was upgraded to the black line (6mm). Went and bought a couple of these fittings. Good to go.
phonto.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Headed out to Elbe Hills this weekend. Decided to try the infamous Boat Ramp. I’ve seen it on videos and pictures but they don’t do it justice at all. Huge climb with big boulders. I spent almost an hour navigating up it to only have my air compressor fail at the last part and was unable to get anywhere with no lockers. Had to winch the last 5 feet to the finish. Also smashed my tank some more. Now every time I hit a bump the diff cover smacks the skid. But I have a new aftermarket one lined up which will add a couple more inches of clearance.
IMG_0480.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg
385D98E4-5F5B-4B3C-9D9B-3E20547B38FC.jpg
F7995490-F76D-4C80-AB5F-3AE2427DDED2.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0489.jpg
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg
IMG_0551.JPG
I tried to just send it here a couple times but my rear yoke kept smacking a boulder.
FCE3FCFA-D7C1-4276-8D21-9861959C960B.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Ripped off the compressor. During the climb, the tone completely changed in the compressor and it was producing no air.
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0565.jpg
I tore it apart and found that both bolts that attach the connecting rod to the motor concentric were sheared. I called the ARB tech line and they said this was common with the older generation of twin compressors. That bolt has since been upgraded from a 6mm to 8mm bolt. They said it should be covered under warranty. Hopefully I hear back soon.
IMG_0560.jpg
IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ripped off the compressor. During the climb, the tone completely changed in the compressor and it was producing no air.
View attachment 357178
View attachment 357179
I tore it apart and found that both bolts that attach the connecting rod to the motor concentric were sheared. I called the ARB tech line and they said this was common with the older generation of twin compressors. That bolt has since been upgraded from a 6mm to 8mm bolt. They said it should be covered under warranty. Hopefully I hear back soon.
View attachment 357180
View attachment 357181
View attachment 357182

I had the exact same problem with the compressor. ARB didn’t even bat an eye at it and sent me two new motors with in a week.

That climb was awesome, that was a hell of a line! Great pictures

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Looks like a fun climb. Well, until you lost air anyway.

The new mods seem to be working good.

I'm sure ARB will take care of you. They have always proven to me to be a stand up company.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Those trail pics are awesome. It make me think of the pacific northwest JK Experience videos that Eddie and Cindy did. I've never been up there but it looks so amazing and the videos made me want to visit. Your photos just re-enforce my desire to make that happen.

Top Bottom