Birth of Phoenix

Andy5160

Hooked
Looks very nice. At the beginning there is a picture with the bucket,I did not see jack stands for a second and WTF thought crossed my mind[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Went out to Reiter Foothills yesterday. This place probably offers the most technical trails in WA. Trails are full of huge boulders. The park is continually worked on by volunteers weekly and has grown tremendously in the year since I’ve been there last. One negative aspect about it is that every time I show up I get eyeballed by all the buggy and busted yota guys in the staging area. Buggys and big yotas are the vehicle of choice at Reiter. Either way, it was a great time. The new Rubi case was a game changer. I loved being able to smoothly climb rocks. The suspension worked well and I used all my skid plates and sliders.
IMG_9257.jpg Adjustments.jpg Adjustments.jpg IMG_9290.jpg Adjustments.jpg IMG_9332.jpg IMG_9344.jpg Adjustments.jpg
IMG_9402.jpg IMG_9412.jpg IMG_9422.jpg IMG_9427.jpg IMG_9433.jpg IMG_9443.JPG

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I would say that you to be prepared for damage or well equipped. A couple Jeeps that jumped in our group fell short in those categories. Over the course of the day, one individual ripped the winch out of the bumper causing it to catastrophically fail. He also bent his tie rod, crash bar, lower control arm and driveshaft. At least his spirits were up but he drove 2 hours home without a rear driveshaft. IMG_9387.jpg IMG_9388.jpg IMG_9385.jpg

jdofmemi

Looks like a fun place, and your rig is looking and performing good👍👍

Strange on the winch failure. I wonder if one or more mounting bolts were loose or missing?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Looks like a fun place, and your rig is looking and performing good[emoji106][emoji106]

Strange on the winch failure. I wonder if one or more mounting bolts were loose or missing?

Thanks! The bolts pulled through the bumper. Don’t know if it needed larger washers or it wasn’t tight. Poison Spyder bumper. I did a lot of hard pulls on my old PS bumper with no issues.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Decided to modify my EVO mud flaps. They are pretty droopy and don’t come close to covering my tires with my full width axles. I basically made a new mount that supports more of the bar and used a wing nut and a bolt to help hold it firmly. It’s double captured. A little more tedious to remove but it probably only adds 10 more seconds per side. Didn’t really take many pictures and I just used metal in my metal bin.
IMG_9576.jpg
Original setup.
Adjustments.jpg
Used angle iron for new cross bars and welded some square tubing to the old frame mounts. Then welded a bolt through the tubing to help support it all.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_9610.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
That straightened out nicely!

Any progress on the old wagon?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks. I’ve got a set of GM axles lined up for it. I had a few projects on the Jeep to finish up and now I might redo the steering. But I’m hoping to bring it in the garage in about a month.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Found a metal pin in my tire on my last trip. I left it until I got home. Ended up pulling the tire, breaking down the beadlock and dropping off at Les Schwab for a patch. They did it in about 15 minutes free of charge. All good now. IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg IMG_0254.jpg
IMG_0255.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg

Top Bottom