Big Ben's Big Mojave

What length of coax did you order Ben? I wanted to run mine on the passenger side like you. But it seemed a bit crowded with the radio power and Switch Pros communications cable sandwiched between the windshield.

I may order a shorter cable or getting mine cut. I have about ten feet rolled up and that’s gotta be killing my range.

benatc1

Hooked
What length of coax did you order Ben? I wanted to run mine on the passenger side like you. But it seemed a bit crowded with the radio power and Switch Pros communications cable sandwiched between the windshield.

I may order a shorter cable or getting mine cut. I have about ten feet rolled up and that’s gotta be killing my range.
I'm not sure what the length was, I ordered their kit. But for that exact reason I ran mine to the driver side, through the paneling, down the windshield and across the bottom of the windshield. I still had a bit left over that's spooled up underneath the cowl on passenger side. Which I figured was ok, but I guess I don't really know.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's on the corner of Greg and industrial way. Don't believe they do line x. I think I know where your talking about though and it's a different place
Ah, got it. I had been using Altizer in Mound House but they sold and the new owners are just okay. Looking for a new shop, might have to give them a look.

benatc1

Hooked
Ah, got it. I had been using Altizer in Mound House but they sold and the new owners are just okay. Looking for a new shop, might have to give them a look.
I gotcha, they are a pretty big shop so I think they do all kinds of clients, they did all the armor/carrier/bumpers for my old black JK and I was very happy with it. Not sure if your in the market right now but they said about 2-3 weeks when I dropped, so seems like they are pretty busy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I gotcha, they are a pretty big shop so I think they do all kinds of clients, they did all the armor/carrier/bumpers for my old black JK and I was very happy with it. Not sure if your in the market right now but they said about 2-3 weeks when I dropped, so seems like they are pretty busy.
Oh, shit. Okay. I'm more used to 2-3 day turn arounds LOL. Granted, I know I've been probably paying more too. Thanks for the heads up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea I hear ya, wasn't expecting such a delay but seems to be the trend these days.
That is for sure. Being that they're big, I bet they're gang running your stuff to give you a better price. That lead time could be a moving target based on what they have scheduled.

Dale72

Hooked
Yea I hear ya, wasn't expecting such a delay but seems to be the trend these days.
Well the 2 back to back winter storms that hit down here and shut everything down for 2 weeks in Houston got everything behind getting the things needed, plus there is a driver shortage in the trucking industry on top of it

benatc1

Hooked
That is for sure. Being that they're big, I bet they're gang running your stuff to give you a better price. That lead time could be a moving target based on what they have scheduled.
Yea that's a good point, I did a pretty standard smooth black so your probably right they'll throw it in with more stuff that comes in over the next few weeks

benatc1

Hooked
Well the 2 back to back winter storms that hit down here and shut everything down for 2 weeks in Houston got everything behind getting the things needed, plus there is a driver shortage in the trucking industry on top of it
I've kinda just come to accept it and be ok waiting, shoot my camper shell won't be in till August

Top Bottom