BIG BEAR Run DATE TBD at this time MAY 13 2017

Looks like fun. Crowded trails drive me nuts but what else would you expect in So-Cal...haha. Lisa and I ended up coming up 3N14 to 3N16 and over to the end of Holcomb. We were going to go all the way to Green Valley but evidently the road was closed due to a rock slide. What did you guys end up running. Did you make it to Dishpan?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like fun. Crowded trails drive me nuts but what else would you expect in So-Cal...haha. Lisa and I ended up coming up 3N14 to 3N16 and over to the end of Holcomb. We were going to go all the way to Green Valley but evidently the road was closed due to a rock slide. What did you guys end up running. Did you make it to Dishpan?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app
Darren is texting me right now saying they just got off the trail

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

So...tip of the day

Make sure you always look [emoji102] at the end of [emoji216] tail before you reach in to grab it.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23

Sorry to everyone who got home late. That sign and the 40x20x20ft. deep hole behind it was a big F-you to us.

I had a blast yesterday and everyone did a great gob to kept on track. Slavens and his buddy get the little engine that could award 🥇. Wheeling a stock Rubis can be challenging at times and gives true testimony how amazing Jeeps/Jk really are.

Last night Dillard09 said It's awesome how you can wheel the heck out of theses rigs and still be able to dive them home without needing a trailer. Like many of the buggies that passed us on the trail.

To the M_savage the dedication of wheeling and pressing on even though you had a heater core leak and had to constantly replenish fluids. BTW...you owe me $2.98 for the case of Aquafina now I'm thinking we could have fed that beast Hulcomb stream [emoji97].

We defiantly got our money's worth yesterday.

I'll be posting another run in a few weeks. Might be Calico or Mottino wash.

Thank you all for everyone's generosity and openness to make others feel at home with a group of people who met for the fist time yesterday.

That's one long ass run on sentence.

And finally thanks Eddie for providing a spot (WAYALIFE) to come together.

Ok people post up some Pictures and let the the shit talking begin.

Who gets the [emoji217] award????

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
BTW...your Jk will go into limp mode if you cut both front speed sensors. And will only allow you to drive at best 45-50mph home. Ask me how I know
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_2548.jpg

BigBear Discover center

IMG_2550.jpg
Slavens and his buddy putting in work at Gold Mtn.

IMG_2553.jpg

My new buddy who happily sat perched upon a rock on JohnBull trail and watched all the rigs pass.

12hour run and I only took 3pics. Argh....

Exit Hulcomb at gate keeper go right.

#nowiknowwherethatroadgoes

Last edited:
It was a great day even with the late nite. Great group of guys to go wheeling with. My son woke up this morning wanting to go down to the garage to the Jeep so I guess he had a great day too. I would post some pics but the only thing I broke this trip was my phone. I left it on my fender and the someone "mike" drove over it. Haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

And Darren asked who get the turtle award... I guess I'll go ahead and take that one home and put it up on the mantle! It was a great one for sure. I'm sure the pics will come up. Slide off my line and landed with a rock on from axle, rock on transfer case skid and one on rear diff. Was smoking all 4 tires for bit, all show and no go! Break out the winch!
Thanks for yalls help guys!

A 20x40x20deep hole in the road. A mile from the exit. Now we have to back track.
That's when shit got real

Wow, I hope everyone made it out with no damage. We had fun out there yesterday and thanks again for setting this up!! Cant wait till next time. ....maybe Calico? Was a great group of people. Frank

Thanks to Crystaliner for heading this up and to dillard09 and everyone else who was spotting.

Had a fun day even though it felt like I was the weak link a couple of times. Once I reminded myself that a 2 door can't necessarily take the same path as a 4 door, I stopped following and started picking my own lines and things got much better from then on. 😎

A great group of folks out there yesterday! Hope to wheel with y'all again soon!

And Darren asked who get the turtle award... I guess I'll go ahead and take that one home and put it up on the mantle! It was a great one for sure. I'm sure the pics will come up. Slide off my line and landed with a rock on from axle, rock on transfer case skid and one on rear diff. Was smoking all 4 tires for bit, all show and no go! Break out the winch!
Lol. Thanks for snatching that one away from me... I was so close to winning! 😂

I wouldn't call that [emoji217] more like stuck between 2 large rocks that weren't going to move.

IMG_2558.jpg
#wifeneedsherdailydriverback

Last edited:
Thanks to Crystaliner for heading this up and to dillard09 and everyone else who was spotting.

Had a fun day even though it felt like I was the weak link a couple of times. Once I reminded myself that a 2 door can't necessarily take the same path as a 4 door, I stopped following and started picking my own lines and things got much better from then on. 😎

A great group of folks out there yesterday! Hope to wheel with y'all again soon!

No problem! That's what we do for each other. And i really enjoy spotting so i was quick to help out. I thought you did a great job. Just a couple of unlucky slips off landed ya in some tough spots. But for a 2dr on 35s you were rocking it. Throttle!!

I got this one. What's that big thing under your transfer case? Wish I had a video of those Coopers smoking as you tried to dislodge [emoji23]IMG_2912.jpg

Awesome day for sure! Thanks for letting me tag along and thanks for the seat fiend!

I could have asked for a better group to get hooked up with. In the past two weekends I feel like I learned what should have taken months! Great group and I can't wait for the next adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom