Banks/Money Managment

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Shit is pissing me off! 🤬
This is what brandon said just today regarding the economy...

Biden touted "good news today" following the Labor Department's Friday announcement that a booming 336,000 jobs were added in September, the strongest monthly gain since January and eclipsing forecasts of 170,000 jobs added last month. The unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%.

"We have the highest share of working-age Americans in the workforce in 20 years," Biden said in remarks from the White House's Roosevelt Room. "And it's no accident. It's Bidenomics."

Clearly, everything is so great, it has to be the media's fault for Americans feeling like the economy is shit (y)

jesse3638

Hooked
#bidenomics 👍🏻

We refi'd at the end of 2020 from 4.875% to 2.99% on a 30. So glad we did as it's 2.5 times higher now. Not to mention we're considered a condo so that adds anywhere from .25-.33%.

Also in running my business I have to track my spending. Just input my recent receipts. Most things are up anywhere from .10 to .90 from two weeks ago. It's getting stupid. Although I did just pay $15 for 30lbs of oranges at my local farmers market. Thats about half of what they're going for at the big chain grocery stores. I'd highly recommend shopping at one if you have any near you. We have several and in addition to cheaper prices we're also getting locally sourced higher quality fruits and veggies.

jesse3638

Hooked
Here's a good op-ed article from our local paper about the CA bill just passed upping fast food establishments' minimum wage to $20 per hour starting April 2024 (that's double what I was paid my first year fighting fire). The author is local and owned several Little Cesar's Pizza Franchises here. He wrote a previous article on CA's general minimum wage increase and said those types of jobs are entry level and were never intended to be a career which a family would sustain themselves off of, with the exception of maybe a GM. He explained the majority of his employees were teens in high school or college just entering the workforce. They'd work for a year or two and move on to a better career. He'd also encourage them to.

Who Pays For California's Fast Food Pay Increase? You do!

Side Note: In-N-Out Burger is already starting most new employees at or near $19.75 per hour. They hold their employees to a much higher level of expectations though. If you've ever watched them work they do earn it because they are hustling and busting their ass. If you show up unfit for work or with a bad attitude you're sent home. You're average Joe fast food worker couldn't hack it there.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is what brandon said just today regarding the economy...

Biden touted "good news today" following the Labor Department's Friday announcement that a booming 336,000 jobs were added in September, the strongest monthly gain since January and eclipsing forecasts of 170,000 jobs added last month. The unemployment rate held steady at 3.8%.

"We have the highest share of working-age Americans in the workforce in 20 years," Biden said in remarks from the White House's Roosevelt Room. "And it's no accident. It's Bidenomics."

Clearly, everything is so great, it has to be the media's fault for Americans feeling like the economy is shit (y)
Why are people going back to work? Nobody can afford anything. I’ve seen a lot more older people working lately.

Top Bottom