Banks/Money Managment

Brute

Hooked
I saw a movie the other night that had a line I will not soon forget...

Money is like a river; the wise go to the shoreline to take what they need. The greedy wade into the middle...and drown.

WJCO

Meme King
Fed Is Seizing Control of the Entire U.S. Bond Market

:pop2:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-seizing-control-entire-u-144633849.html

Bank Of England doing the same thing. These fuckers all work together and know exactly what they're doing.

https://www.ft.com/content/664c575b-0f54-44e5-ab78-2fd30ef213cb

Almost sounds like these old guys knew what they were talking about...

"No State shall.....coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts......... "

JKbrick

So I’m 55 years old this year, I’ve been working since my early teens. At this point I don’t care if I work till I die but damn this makes me so angry that this will fuck my kids over. So angry I really can’t put it in words

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Bank Of England doing the same thing. These fuckers all work together and know exactly what they're doing.

https://www.ft.com/content/664c575b-0f54-44e5-ab78-2fd30ef213cb

Almost sounds like these old guys knew what they were talking about...

"No State shall.....coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts......... "

Kinda like there was a master plan or something. :thinking: Psssshhh, naaahhh

LOL, I'm beginning to think the founding fathers were aliens or something. They got pretty much everything right the first time. The other shit added into the constitution really wasn't needed but we had to tell all the dumb fuckers, no you numbnuts, we really did meant EVERYTHING we wrote and it applies to EVERYONE.

What we need is patriots running things again and not the greedy fucks we've manage to stick ourselves with because we're too goddam lazy to vote these selfish bastards out..

So I’m 55 years old this year, I’ve been working since my early teens. At this point I don’t care if I work till I die but damn this makes me so angry that this will fuck my kids over. So angry I really can’t put it in words

Yup, when it's time to pay for all of this shit the kids are the ones that will end up paying for this for a loooong time.

If I was a youngster again, I highly doubt I'd go to college again. I'd probably go into one of the trades & open my own shop. Hmmmmm :hmm:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

LOL, I'm beginning to think the founding fathers were aliens or something. They got pretty much everything right the first time. The other shit added into the constitution really wasn't needed but we had to tell all the dumb fuckers, no you numbnuts, we really did meant EVERYTHING we wrote and it applies to EVERYONE.

What we need is patriots running things again and not the greedy fucks we've manage to stick ourselves with because we're too goddam lazy to vote these selfish bastards out..

Yup, when it's time to pay for all of this shit the kids are the ones that will end up paying for this for a loooong time.

If I was a youngster again, I highly doubt I'd go to college again. I'd probably go into one of the trades & open my own shop. Hmmmmm :hmm:

Hell, my father used to have a sheet metal business making fabbed roofing sheet metal products. I’ve been half considering doing the same in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

This will tell you something, my dermatologist today asked me if I would consider her son for a plumbing apprenticeship

WJCO

Meme King

Hell, my father used to have a sheet metal business making fabbed roofing sheet metal products. I’ve been half considering doing the same in the near future.

This will tell you something, my dermatologist today asked me if I would consider her son for a plumbing apprenticeship

True story: We've been planning for about 6 months to add on this room in our basement. About 6 weeks ago, I decided that it would get started during the kids' Spring Break because it seemed like it would be the best time for all of us (Spring Break happened to be last week); we had money set aside and were ready, etc.

About two/three weeks ago, The Rona introduces itself into our culture. I told my wife that it might be more financially responsible to NOT build the extra room and save the money for ANYTHING depending on what's going on. I was really ready to just save the money and wait for a few months with all that is going on. There was too much that was unpredictable.

About a week later, I said fuck it; nope, we're building this room, and my 7 year old son is going to be part of every step so he can at least learn how to produce something. I don't know how much he'll retain or learn, but I at least know it will be beneficial to him somehow in the future. I don't know what this place will look like in 10-15 years but I also know the time clock doesn't stop and this opportunity for me and him may not present itself later. Our country is full of consumption and debt and I at least want him to be able to know how to produce something. I wouldn't be where I'm at without the help of the older generation of family and friends that taught me stuff like this when I was young. So, as can be seen in other threads, that's exactly what we decided to do. Even at age 7, he asks some damn good questions. I hope someday he can do something with it. We shall see.

Brute

Hooked
True story: We've been planning for about 6 months to add on this room in our basement. About 6 weeks ago, I decided that it would get started during the kids' Spring Break because it seemed like it would be the best time for all of us (Spring Break happened to be last week); we had money set aside and were ready, etc.

About two/three weeks ago, The Rona introduces itself into our culture. I told my wife that it might be more financially responsible to NOT build the extra room and save the money for ANYTHING depending on what's going on. I was really ready to just save the money and wait for a few months with all that is going on. There was too much that was unpredictable.

About a week later, I said fuck it; nope, we're building this room, and my 7 year old son is going to be part of every step so he can at least learn how to produce something. I don't know how much he'll retain or learn, but I at least know it will be beneficial to him somehow in the future. I don't know what this place will look like in 10-15 years but I also know the time clock doesn't stop and this opportunity for me and him may not present itself later. Our country is full of consumption and debt and I at least want him to be able to know how to produce something. I wouldn't be where I'm at without the help of the older generation of family and friends that taught me stuff like this when I was young. So, as can be seen in other threads, that's exactly what we decided to do. Even at age 7, he asks some damn good questions. I hope someday he can do something with it. We shall see.

Good for you brah...damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead

wjtstudios

Hooked

That really is the best thing we can pass down to our kids, knowledge. Most parents don’t take the interest or time to teach their kids how to do anything on their own much less building out a room like that. I’m surprised how many people our age couldn’t fix half the things our parents would do on a regular basis.

I think that’s awesome you’ve included your son on that. I do the same with mine and my daughter. It’s a battle now and slows the projects way down, but I know in a few years it be repaid when they are actually helping because we took the time to teach them. When I was growing up, it was an expectation that I would help my dad fix and build things. And honestly, I would never have been able to do the things I have done professionally with out that kind of upbringing. I owe that man everything for making me who I am and is one of my main goal in life to be that for my kids.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King
That really is the best thing we can pass down to our kids, knowledge. Most parents don’t take the interest or time to teach their kids how to do anything on their own much less building out a room like that. I’m surprised how many people our age couldn’t fix half the things our parents would do on a regular basis.

I think that’s awesome you’ve included your son on that. I do the same with mine and my daughter. It’s a battle now and slows the projects way down, but I know in a few years it be repaid when they are actually helping because we took the time to teach them. When I was growing up, it was an expectation that I would help my dad fix and build things. And honestly, I would never have been able to do the things I have done professionally with out that kind of upbringing. I owe that man everything for making me who I am and is one of my main goal in life to be that for my kids.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Well said. I feel you. I have so many memories of doing stuff at a young age because of my upbringing. I am very fortunate to have those memories and hope to pass on the same to my kids to the best of my ability. Our culture in general has become so spoiled in such a short time. And I have a strong feeling that will change very soon. We have to learn how to be self-sufficient or we're doomed. Literally.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Well said. I feel you. I have so many memories of doing stuff at a young age because of my upbringing. I am very fortunate to have those memories and hope to pass on the same to my kids to the best of my ability. Our culture in general has become so spoiled in such a short time. And I have a strong feeling that will change very soon. We have to learn how to be self-sufficient or we're doomed. Literally.

If that’s what comes out of this whole mess, it might have actually been worth it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Growing up, my dad would always take the time to show me how to work on things. Some of my fondest memories of him are the times we spent together working on or building something. Can't beat sharing time together accomplishing a chore or task. Also have some of the funniest memories as well! Oh man, the stories I could tell. :cheesy:
Like his reaction when I blew all of my high school graduation money on a lift kit and tires for my truck, or when the timing light got caught in the fan belt when setting the timing once,
or the look on his face when he cut through a live 220 line in my basement with pair of linesman pliers - literally, the look on his face - :shock:, or..........

wjtstudios

Hooked
Growing up, my dad would always take the time to show me how to work on things. Some of my fondest memories of him are the times we spent together working on or building something. Can't beat sharing time together accomplishing a chore or task. Also have some of the funniest memories as well! Oh man, the stories I could tell. :cheesy:
Like his reaction when I blew all of my high school graduation money on a lift kit and tires for my truck, or when the timing light got caught in the fan belt when setting the timing once,
or the look on his face when he cut through a live 220 line in my basement with pair of linesman pliers - literally, the look on his face - :shock:, or..........

I guess we owe those men for teaching us what not to do too 🤣 if got a few as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I guess we owe those men for teaching us what not to do too 🤣 if got a few as well.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Oh, for sure! Hopefully my 3 daughters have some of those memories as well. I know there's one that involves a 35 gallon fish tank with a water turtle in it and a shop vac....

JKbrick

My father started what is now my company 53 years ago, I grew up working for him and now it’s my problem! But he taught me and passed it on to me and honestly a lot of my competition learned the trade from my dad. The one person that has never worked a day for my dad or me is my son, he never had any interest

Top Bottom