Are You Happy with Your EVO Bolt-On Coil Over Springs?

Are you happy with the spring rates that came on your EVO Bolt-On Coil Overs?

• Yes, I am competely satified with the spring rates I got out of the box.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • No. I wish they came with a softer spring rate

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No. I wish they came with a heavier spring rate

Votes: 34 57.6%

• Total voters
The front top springs are 12in in length and the rear top are 10in in length. If they were equal in length then I could do that. Certainly would be cheaper ha! Doing more thinking I may start with 250s in the rear. Hopefully that will lower it and possibly be able to take some pre load in the front out. If I can get 1/4in of pre load out of the front and have the jeep level, I'll be happy

View attachment 203008 here is another angle, I didn't take the pic to make the rear seem more drastic, it's really that much higher

I knew it couldnt of been that simple [emoji14]

Your rig looks awesome btw! :clap:

So assuming you only change rear upper first, what will you go with? 225 or 250?

We are working with some numbers to decide. Most likely 250

I did some more measurements, looks like I'm closer to 5in of lift in the front and 5.5in the rear.

At this point I just want it an 1/2in lower in the rear. 250 upper rear will most likely drop it that much. 250 upper front can keep me where I'm at but take out some pre load. Most likely this is what I'm looking at.

I noticed from your weight measurements. Your about 125lbs heavier in the rear than me. That seems to be the big difference

So I am just talking out my butt here,

How much stuff do you normally haul around with you?

I guess what I am trying to say "is you rig loaded out like you normally run it".

When I start adding all the recovery gear, the ice chests, enough shit to start my own landscape company, then it starts getting a little heavy in the rear.

It might be something to consider.

By the way... Damn dude-- stuffing 40s and she is twisted up. Wow, just plain wow. Looking good. :thumb:

So I am just talking out my butt here,

How much stuff do you normally haul around with you?

I guess what I am trying to say "is you rig loaded out like you normally run it".

When I start adding all the recovery gear, the ice chests, enough shit to start my own landscape company, then it starts getting a little heavy in the rear.

It might be something to consider.

By the way... Damn dude-- stuffing 40s and she is twisted up. Wow, just plain wow. Looking good. :thumb:

Sorry for the late late reply.. Normally I daily mine to much. Usually don't have anything in the rear inside

Also to update we have tried swapping in an out some different springs the shop has on hand. One thing I've learned I'm going to need over 5in of lift to stay off the rear air bumps if I don't want it to ride like a brick in the rear. Some new springs are ordered and waiting to arrive. Next to try is...

225-12 top, 325-14 bottom for front
225-10 top, 325-12 bottom for rear

Looking to sit around 5.5in of lift. Not ideal for some but we will see how it works out.

Sorry for the late late reply.. Normally I daily mine to much. Usually don't have anything in the rear inside

Also to update we have tried swapping in an out some different springs the shop has on hand. One thing I've learned I'm going to need over 5in of lift to stay off the rear air bumps if I don't want it to ride like a brick in the rear. Some new springs are ordered and waiting to arrive. Next to try is...

225-12 top, 325-14 bottom for front
225-10 top, 325-12 bottom for rear

Looking to sit around 5.5in of lift. Not ideal for some but we will see how it works out.

That's gonna be a tight fit getting the 12" and 14" springs onto the front shock bodies. Even after they are on coil bind may be a big issue. Curious to hear how it works out.

Btw i reinstalled my rear sway bar shortly after putting on the new springs. I lost on the rti ramp to another buddy of mine running the 4" Evo plush coils with the fox 2.0 reservoir shocks on 37s as well. He does have 3" rear bump stops and i have 4" which come with the bolt ons. My best rti score was 931 which was without a rear sway bar. I noticed you removed your rear sway bar as well Mook. Do you notice more travel?

That's gonna be a tight fit getting the 12" and 14" springs onto the front shock bodies. Even after they are on coil bind may be a big issue. Curious to hear how it works out.

Hopefully it will work out. If not I'll still have the 325-12 on the bottom I can reuse if I have those issues.

Btw i reinstalled my rear sway bar shortly after putting on the new springs. I lost on the rti ramp to another buddy of mine running the 4" Evo plush coils with the fox 2.0 reservoir shocks on 37s as well. He does have 3" rear bump stops and i have 4" which come with the bolt ons. My best rti score was 931 which was without a rear sway bar. I noticed you removed your rear sway bar as well Mook. Do you notice more travel?

I don't have any measurements to give but yes it flexes better without it. I have the Currie antirock in the front still. Drives just fine on the street for me

Where's the best place to purchase replacement springs from on the east coast? Or, where are u guys ordering replacement King springs from?

Offroadshocks.com is where I'm
Currently looking but would like something closer to SC than CA.

I want to start saving to evo bolt on coilovers for the near future. Question is, can I save for just the fronts and put them in first, while running my 3.5" RK springs in the rear? Then eventually get to the rear coilovers a little ways down the road? I would think the ride wouldn't be ideal obviously, but just wondering if doing one at a time spaced apart is acceptable to do.

I want to start saving to evo bolt on coilovers for the near future. Question is, can I save for just the fronts and put them in first, while running my 3.5" RK springs in the rear? Then eventually get to the rear coilovers a little ways down the road? I would think the ride wouldn't be ideal obviously, but just wondering if doing one at a time spaced apart is acceptable to do.

I would do the rears first then the fronts but yes you can separate them that way. Nothing wrong with doing that

I would do the rears first then the fronts but yes you can separate them that way. Nothing wrong with doing that

I would think front first? Just because the front generally has more adjustability for ride height than the rear does out of the box. When I first installed mine I had a light rear end and with zero pre load had just over 4.5in of lift. Forcing all the pre load in the front to level it out. 3.5in of lift is not easy to accomplish with these coilovers. Might have a lot of rake from the rear being high. This is just how I'm seeing it. Why do you suggest rears first?

I would think front first? Just because the front generally has more adjustability for ride height than the rear does out of the box. When I first installed mine I had a light rear end and with zero pre load had just over 4.5in of lift. Forcing all the pre load in the front to level it out. 3.5in of lift is not easy to accomplish with these coilovers. Might have a lot of rake from the rear being high. This is just how I'm seeing it. Why do you suggest rears first?

I would rather have the rears because it allows for more adjustability when loaded up with gear and helps with daily driving especially in a 2 door. Before my coilovers I would get the rear to almost hop side to side over big bumps. Since then it doesn't.

Also as far as the rear over the front I would rather have them in the rear first because they will be able to keep up with the fronts in the desert and such easier. If your trying to bomb thru the desert with only the fronts your going to want to push it more, possibly bend your stock axle easier, and the rear springs will not be able to keep up. Just my .02

I would rather have the rears because it allows for more adjustability when loaded up with gear and helps with daily driving especially in a 2 door. Before my coilovers I would get the rear to almost hop side to side over big bumps. Since then it doesn't.

Also as far as the rear over the front I would rather have them in the rear first because they will be able to keep up with the fronts in the desert and such easier. If your trying to bomb thru the desert with only the fronts your going to want to push it more, possibly bend your stock axle easier, and the rear springs will not be able to keep up. Just my .02

Makes sense. I wish I could get my rig out west to experience the desert along with the many trails there are. Id move if I could convince the wife to come along ha

Hey guys, where did you order your spring for your king coilover ? Thanks

There's a few companies that make them. I think Eibach, PAC, and King are a few of the main ones. I'm not sure if king makes them in house or outsources that but they do have them on the site. Myself and a few others on here went with PAC.

is anybody going with a "lighter" spring rate?

I have a 2 door with no back seats... don't really carry any gear besides chaw.

Or can I make adjustments with the coilovers to make it a little softer? Sorry if this is an amateur question... still learning.

Top Bottom