Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's still a debt that is owed by US, THE PEOPLE. And the larger it gets, the worse it will affect us.

I’m confused now. Which part are you mad about? First post was saying that the politicians ran these people out of business yes? I pointed out that there is a program they put in place to help people like that, may want to let them know about if they don’t already. Now you’re mad that there’s a program and that costs money?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
I’m confused now. Which part are you mad about? First post was saying that the politicians ran these people out of business yes? I pointed out that there is a program they put in place to help people like that, may want to let them know about if they don’t already. Now you’re mad that there’s a program and that costs money?

The government forced them to shut down their business. During that time, they financially couldn't make it and ultimately had to close permanently. That's what upsets me the most.

As far as the stimulus bill, it's a joke. It's merely more of a burden put on the people of this nation in the name of "We're here to help you." This country was built on the idea of The People making shit happen, and not relying on big government and banks to babysit us. That also makes me upset.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - Honestly, I just want to know how the Kennedy Center getting $25 Million helps fight this stupid china virus or how $350 Million for Refugee Resettlement helps to stimulate the economy or how PBS getting $75 Million helps those who lost their jobs or how $25 Million in Congressional Salaries & Expenses helps them to actually do their fuckin job. :yup:

Ddays

Hooked
LOL - Honestly, I just want to know how the Kennedy Center getting $25 Million helps fight this stupid china virus or how $350 Million for Refugee Resettlement helps to stimulate the economy or how PBS getting $75 Million helps those who lost their jobs or how $25 Million in Congressional Salaries & Expenses helps them to actually do their fuckin job. :yup:

If I got millions I know I'd be stimulated :D

The government forced them to shut down their business. During that time, they financially couldn't make it and ultimately had to close permanently. That's what upsets me the most.

Yeah they were ordered no dine in, not closed. They can still do to go and delivery. In fact Colorado even allows alcohol to go and delivery temporarily -we sadly don’t have that here, and I need a fucking pitcher of margaritas. Sounds like there were other factors to their decisions to shut. They failed or chose not to adapt. Still would’ve been a hit to their business but could of weathered. They likely still would’ve had to cut their employees either way, who are now covered under the expanded unemployment for up to the next 26 weeks also in the CARES act.

Not saying I agree with any of this shit but we’re here now and these are the options for people going forward. 🤷🏻*♂️

I’m currently out of memes. My apologies to the community 🤣

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah they were ordered no dine in, not closed.

They tried like crazy to do that. Still couldn't make ends meet.

I think what upsets me the most about the entire way that this was handled is how foundationally anti-American it is. But whatever; Congress is doing just fine, fat and comfortable without a worry in the world.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah they were ordered no dine in, not closed. They can still do to go and delivery. In fact Colorado even allows alcohol to go and delivery temporarily -we sadly don’t have that here, and I need a fucking pitcher of margaritas. Sounds like there were other factors to their decisions to shut. They failed or chose not to adapt. Still would’ve been a hit to their business but could of weathered. They likely still would’ve had to cut their employees either way, who are now covered under the expanded unemployment for up to the next 26 weeks also in the CARES act.

Not saying I agree with any of this shit but we’re here now and these are the options for people going forward. ����*♂️

I’m currently out of memes. My apologies to the community ��

You clearly have zero idea or knowledge as to how the restaurant world works. They probably could not have weathered. Restaurants don’t make money on people taking shit to go because they order only what they need not what they want. Every restaurant I know of and know owners personally that is sit down is struggling to make ends meet. This is completely changing their business, it’s not just a little hiccup.

You clearly have zero idea or knowledge as to how the restaurant world works. The probably could not have weathered. Restaurants don’t make money on people taking shot to go because they order only what they need not what they want. Every restaurant I know of and know owners personally that is sit down is struggling to make ends meet. This is completely changing their business, it’s not just a little hiccup.

Actually have a pretty good idea. “They order only what they need not what they want” lol suuuure. That’s how food works, when I order a meal I totally order two instead of one when I’m sitting inside at their table.

And small restaurants here are still being supported by locals, sucks for them they weren’t. It’s been what? 2 weeks, 3? in Colorado since they stopped dine in service. Obviously people were already eating out less before then but if they’ve already made the decision to shut the doors and NOT reopen later on, NOT try to get help from the bill, then there’s more to that story. Either way sucks for them and their employees, who are now guaranteed to be on a minimum of $600/ week federal unemployment benefits + the standard state benefits. Sucks for WJCO too, has to find a new spot for when it’s all over.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually have a pretty good idea. “They order only what they need not what they want” lol suuuure. That’s how food works, when I order a meal I totally order two instead of one when I’m sitting inside at their table.

And small restaurants here are still being supported by locals, sucks for them they weren’t. It’s been what? 2 weeks, 3? in Colorado since they stopped dine in service. Obviously people were already eating out less before then but if they’ve already made the decision to shut the doors and NOT reopen later on, NOT try to get help from the bill, then there’s more to that story. Either way sucks for them and their employees, who are now guaranteed to be on a minimum of $600/ week federal unemployment benefits + the standard state benefits. Sucks for WJCO too, has to find a new spot for when it’s all over.

I didn’t say two meals retard. People are more likely to order apps, dessert and extra drinks on dine in versus take out. But what would I know I only grew up in the restaurant world and managed large kitchens. I’m sure you know it all as is evident by all your posts in this thread.

Anyone self quarantined?

I didn’t say two meals retard. People are more likely to order apps, dessert and extra drinks on dine in versus take out. But what would I know I only grew up in the restaurant world and managed large kitchens. I’m sure you know it all as is evident by all your posts in this thread.

Yup. You sure know everything, as is evident by your post on every single thread lol. “They don’t make any money on to go orders” bullshit.

IMG_6506.jpg

I couldn't care less about myself in this situation. I really feel bad for owners and workers of the restaurant.

Back to my original point there bud, if they don’t know about it yet might wanna let them know about the aid they may be able to get to keep their doors open

Last edited:

PokerStogey

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

This is the most factual article I’ve read on the topic to date . Little long but very clear and covers most relevant questions and dispels many myths (eg masks are not effective)

Not sure if posting is allowed so remove if needed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry, but couldn't even read that one when the first thing that pops up is a notice that "anyone can publish here" and "we do not fact check"

If you google the author, he is a self-proclaimed story-teller that feels stories are more entertaining than facts... couldn't find anything leading me to believe he is an expert in the field. IMG_9249.jpg

nbunga

Caught the Bug
If a restaurant wasn’t already doing a lot of takeout and delivery before this it’s not easy to all of the sudden switch over to it. Restaurant sales for food for us is down almost 70% right now. A lot of our customers tried in the beginning but realized they couldn’t keep their doors open with just take-out.

WJCO

Meme King
Speaking of restaurant business decline, there's also the people in other industries that have lost their jobs and may not have the budget to eat out (takeout or dine-in) like they did in previous weeks. I know throughout my life when things got tough financially, eating out was always cut from the budget pretty quickly as it wasn't a priority compared to other expenses.

J&k_Overland

All this because “grown ups” don’t know how to wash their hands. My opinion this is all bullshit it’s not that bad the risk is minimal and the media has succeeded in whipping the public into mass hysteria.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Speaking of restaurant business decline, there's also the people in other industries that have lost their jobs and may not have the budget to eat out (takeout or dine-in) like they did in previous weeks. I know throughout my life when things got tough financially, eating out was always cut from the budget pretty quickly as it wasn't a priority compared to other expenses.

Exactly, plus a lot of people probably don’t trust the safety of getting take out right now. I’m in the kitchens of most of the restaurants around me and already have a limited list of places I’ll eat. Throw corona virus in the mix and I haven’t eaten away from home since this all started.

Brute

Hooked
You clearly have zero idea or knowledge as to how the restaurant world works. They probably could not have weathered. Restaurants don’t make money on people taking shit to go because they order only what they need not what they want. Every restaurant I know of and know owners personally that is sit down is struggling to make ends meet. This is completely changing their business, it’s not just a little hiccup.

Restaurants operate on a very small margin...and booze sales figure into their profits...a ton of them were going to close, in fact 50% of them usually don’t make it in a normal business environment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom