Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
This Fing elearning is shit. I’m 54 and can’t figure it out. Can’t they make it so you don’t need to have 4 different browsers open at the same time to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My kids don’t have elearning, my sons if fine, just read in the book and do the worksheets for each subject. My daughters is a bunch of videos done by the teacher for each subject then activities to do after that.

Humorous memes and BS conspiracy theories aside, this shit is real. I know of two people who are sick, one a 55 year old woman who has been on a ventilator in a Mississippi hospital since last Friday and probably will die. The other an 11 year old child. Politicians and the media stoke fear and exaggerations, but listen to the doctors. Their message seems pretty consistent: we all need to drastically cut back our close contact with other people for a while.

Agreed. I prefer to laugh with the memes while I sit at home playing video games while the world is crumbling and Act of war laws are instituted so gm and Ford can start building ventilators. It’s a giant undertaking for everyone in healthcare with a quickly dwindling supply of PPE for themselves not to mention the medications and supplies for patients. Other countries pumping out tons of tests for the disease and offered to us and we instead wait weeks to come up with our own and they’re not as fast or accurate and cost more. They’re also not enough, they’re rationing the tests to people that they’re already pretty much sure have it. We’re already failing. All the while for the first time in years you can see the government actually working together like they should be able to anyways and wondering why the fuck they can’t do it the rest of the year why we have to be facing extreme crisis both public health and economic for both sides to shut the fuck up and do work.

Buuut I prefer to focus on the memes while I hide from other germ filled humans, I find it easier.

Here’s a fun new game for you all
IMG_6255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I'm sure a good attorney could really analyze and pick apart those words. Where's Sharkey? Hell, the first words that come to mind for me are 'beer' , 'jeep' , and 'NSFW.' :idontknow:

That sucks... I suppose you have more Jeep time now...

I don't know about you, but my Jeep saved my life. Closing down the guys working on yours is also affecting mine��.

That makes them life sustaining.

My industry is actually on the exempt list so we're staying open for now.
His conveniently not giving a time frame for this closure period is disturbing.

jdofmemi

Humorous memes and BS conspiracy theories aside, this shit is real. I know of two people who are sick, one a 55 year old woman who has been on a ventilator in a Mississippi hospital since last Friday and probably will die. The other an 11 year old child. Politicians and the media stoke fear and exaggerations, but listen to the doctors. Their message seems pretty consistent: we all need to drastically cut back our close contact with other people for a while.

The more I listen and read what the actual doctors as well as the CDC and WHO have to say, the more scared of this I get.

I don't personally know anyone with it, yet, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time. It seems we are about two weeks or so behind Italy, and they are in some serious shit. By the time this is done, we will all likely know people who die from it, and certainly people who get seriously ill.

That said, the humor is a good way to help avoid the fear.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Worked at Willis tower all day today. The building was a ghost town compared to what it's usually like. A lot of the GCs we deal with regularly have shut down their projects for at least 14 days. Service installs are still going strong though. I'll be in another high rise office building tomorrow hopefully that one is just as empty. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

TLife

Everything is a conspiracy if you really think about it. The human mind conspires, then acts. No different then conspiring to drive your car to the grocery store, then home. Anyone with power, money, etc can conspire on any level they want. The minds behind McDonald's conspire to deliver you a burger, fries, and drinks while raking in the most profits possible from you, the consumer. It happens at small levels and large levels. Human nature.

Unless McDonald’s is conspiring to make America obese I’m not sure you’re using that word correctly.

Adjustments.jpg

Just curious. Is everyone taking care of stuff around the house with all the time off?
All the Home Depot’s and Lowe’s are just crawling with people. Weird

I jokingly told some friends that the conspiracy theorist in me wanted to call this biological terrorism...

The timing of the first infections in China with all the violent protests happening and international spotlight is suspect. Originating from a city that has a lab that works with coronaviruses and a history of leaks “supposedly.” It merits investigation once everything calms down world wide but I’m not wearing the aluminum foil hat yet. Even the doctors clearly state that this couldn’t have started in a lab.

IMG_6306.jpg
IMG_6307.jpg
IMG_6308.JPG
IMG_6308.JPG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just curious. Is everyone taking care of stuff around the house with all the time off?

Tina is cleaning the shit out of the house. Said she will be bored soon so I feel like it’s my duty to dirty it again.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

We’ve been purging a lot of shit around the house and cleaning up stuff we’ve just never had a chance to tackle. I’ve also been ordering Jeep parts... you know.. to keep me busy. Lol

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Anyone self quarantined?

I’m an estimator for a sizable roofing company in DFW, so far my side is business as usual, in fact it’s gotten really busy this week. We’re all working from home, but that’s about it. Now, if construction sites in the area shut down then I’m sure my bids will come to a halt.

So far I don’t get any extra time for the Jeeps, but I’ve got two or three days worth of projects ready to go if that time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom