wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With all that said, here’s a pic that I found that put a smile on my face 🤣

Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Californians are about to have a really tough choice to make. Would you rather have Coronavirus or Cancer?

GAVIN.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Anyone self quarantined?

Michigan just went to a “Stay at Home Order”. We knew it was coming, and now it’s here for the next three weeks.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Michigan just went to a “Stay at Home Order”. We knew it was coming, and now it’s here for the next three weeks.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

We just did the same thing. Guess who gets to go to work still.

Apparently the problem at the grocery stores right now is getting the trailers from the DCs to the stores. We were told today that Meijer, Walmart and Aldis among others came to us asking for help getting food to their stores. So we will use our tractors to pull their trailers form the warehouses to the stores. So hopefully that will help get things stocked back up.

wjtstudios

Hooked

Apparently the problem at the grocery stores right now is getting the trailers from the DCs to the stores. We were told today that Meijer, Walmart and Aldis among others came to us asking for help getting food to their stores. So we will use our tractors to pull their trailers form the warehouses to the stores. So hopefully that will help get things stocked back up.

You guys really do carry this economy. Thanks for keep us moving!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

Keep rollin man! Without trucks we're all screwed :crazyeyes:

JK_0311

That’s why the guard was activated in AZ, to help push commodities to the stores and support food banks. NOT to enforce martial law or prepare for it.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Keep rollin man! Without trucks we're all screwed :crazyeyes:
Thanks Andy!
For what it's worth I'll be back at work tomorrow. I'll be adding additional fiber ties to customer suites so they can increase bandwidth. That will help them continue to work from home..well, except their IT guys they're all onsite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Thanks Andy!
For what it's worth I'll be back at work tomorrow. I'll be adding additional fiber ties to customer suites so they can increase bandwidth. That will help them continue to work from home..well, except their IT guys they're all onsite.

Don’t IT guys stay inside all the time anyway, they should be safe. [emoji2]

nbunga

Caught the Bug
You guys really do carry this economy. Thanks for keep us moving!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m blessed to work for who I do. They told us last week that they would make up any difference in pay from our normal average while the routes are so small during all of this.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Thanks Andy!

I’m sure the infrastructure for the internet is working pretty hard right now.

I’m blessed to work for who I do. They told us last week that they would make up any difference in pay from our normal average while the routes are so small during all of this.

Class act. I wish more companies cared about their employees like this. Not just another payroll number.

littlebeas

I work in distribution and this is a huge problem with all the panic buying, it is blowing out our available lift. We are having routes pull in at 90-120k lbs that a couple weeks ago were at 30-35k. We have been scrambling like hell to get the orders filled and out, but we can’t scale to 300-400% demand increase in a matter of days. The product is there or being made, we just can’t move it that fast. We’ll probably end up getting accused of price gouging because rapidly adding rental tractors/trailers and temporary drivers is expensive as hell.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I work in distribution and this is a huge problem with all the panic buying, it is blowing out our available lift. We are having routes pull in at 90-120k lbs that a couple weeks ago were at 30-35k. We have been scrambling like hell to get the orders filled and out, but we can’t scale to 300-400% demand increase in a matter of days. The product is there or being made, we just can’t move it that fast. We’ll probably end up getting accused of price gouging because rapidly adding rental tractors/trailers and temporary drivers is expensive as hell.

I just don’t understand what people are doing with some of the stuff they are buying. A lot of it’s not shelf stable for that long. Just because you have a lot of food doesn’t mean you’re a prepper. What are they gonna do 6 months from now when they try to use the 40lb. Bag of rice they bought and it’s got moths in it?

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Class act. I wish more companies cared about their employees like this. Not just another payroll number.

It is. It helps they’re still a family owned company.

We’ve got a few warehouses up in your neck of the woods.

Brute

Hooked
I just don’t understand what people are doing with some of the stuff they are buying. A lot of it’s not shelf stable for that long. Just because you have a lot of food doesn’t mean you’re a prepper. What are they gonna do 6 months from now when they try to use the 40lb. Bag of rice they bought and it’s got moths in it?

Eat a crapload of gumbo and fried rice...in HI, 25 lb bag of rice lasts a month in a normal year...many have rice with breakfast, lunch and dinner...and growing up in a household with a Korean mom, I've eaten more than my fair share of rice...that's why I like potatoes, couscous, polenta and naan bread now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom