Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what frightens me the most out of this entire thing is how easily people in this great country of America have allowed the media and government to take full control of their lives. It's quite shocking the level of dependence with a nation that once was very Independent.

Mass hysteria is one of those things that’s easy to set off. What people don’t realize going about heir day to day loves is that we have an entirely consumer economy. And they all freaked out over the last week when they got a very distinct lesson they stores are only stocked so many times a week, and if everyone buys more than they normally do the shelves go empty. Which then has the effect of secondary hoarding where the non doomsday TP preppers go to a store are it empty and freak out like damnit these morons are going to cause a food shortage. So they stock up. And it just keeps going until people calm their asses down, do what they’ve been told to do.

Stay home if you’re sick
Wash your fucking hands ya nasties.
Stay away from high risk people if you’ve been out and about.

Be nice to retail people that keep having to work overnight shifts to keep up with your panicked BS.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

The grocery store was basically empty today. Good thing we have enough food to last a few weeks.

Thus far there is no rhyme or reason to most of the items people are hoarding.
I dont expect any rational decision making in regards to where they steal it either.
Gas station bathrooms are usually nasty. I dont use that tp when there is no corona season. Damn sure dont want it now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

My employer put me under a "quarantine" for the next two weeks. My roommate's coworker returned recently from the Philippines (work trip) and was confirmed to have COVID-19. I informed my boss who told me to work from home for the next 14 days out of an abundance of caution. I work an office job, but work closely with 2 guys in their 60s and a third pushing 70. One of them also has their mother in law living with them. Since I can be just as effective at home as I am in the office I think it makes sense to put me away. With that said, I am doing the social distance thing but I am not really hording anything or doing a strict proper quarantine. Partly because I'm not that concerned about it and partly because when I went to pick up a bit of extra food the stores were empty of pretty much anything I thought I should maybe have on hand just in case. I'm also not convinced that me or my roommate have it. Their entire office is now closed for at least 2 weeks now over this same thing, btw.

You know it's funny, the 2 European countries that did not get bans also have struggling trump properties. That would be Ireland and Scotland...

Wow, you and Alex Jones must have interesting conversations.

I think what frightens me the most out of this entire thing is how easily people in this great country of America have allowed the media and government to take full control of their lives. It's quite shocking the level of dependence with a nation that once was very Independent.

Agree 100%, I was at the store buying food for dinner and I heard a lady say “well the governor and the president have declared emergencies, so yeah, I’m a bit scared”. I had to interrupt her and inform her that president has declared quite few emergencies since being elected and so did Obama, and so did the previous governor and the current one.

It’s quite common actually but people are more connected now than ever before because of social media, so the hysteria and fear spreads worse than a forest fire.

I fear this is the new norm maybe, imagine the SARS or H1N1, or swine/bird flu today? We are just connected and just like celebrity nude photos spread, so will the fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom