Another windshield strike...

I'm glad to be a guard dog that takes down these other types in person. I get to do it for a living. I originally commented because one guy was being blatantly insulting, but this is the Internet, so clearly that is acceptable. And being from Canada is apparently a deficiency in this forum, because, you know.. That makes total sense.. So, I've wasted my time posting here, because those who need to hear it, won't hear it anyway. Hope your windshield protection turns out to be worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

RCMP?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exoshield isn’t cheap, depending on the vehicle and where you go you’re looking at $300-400. Although I have unlimited glass coverage for me it’s all about convenience, would rather not have to take time out of my day to have a windshield replaced. More so this product has really piqued my interest, really curious to see how well it works![emoji631]

Fair enough, it would be interesting to see how well it works.

RCMP?

I was on my way to becoming RCMP, but my path led me elsewhere. Let's just say I work for the government in a capacity that allows me to dole out justice on a daily basis. I deal with liars, and thieves, and arsonists, and yet, I also get to help victims of crimes. So my job is rewarding in many ways. I'm just saying, I deal with garbage on a daily basis, and I'm used to standing between criminals and the innocent to protect them from those that want to do them harm. But this place has nothing to do with my job, so...

I would like to apologize for hijacking this thread. I don't know anybody on this forum, so I should not have stuck my nose where it didn't belong. I'm not going to justify my behaviour, I'm just going to explain why I behaved the way I did. Read the post, or don't.

At the end of October, my wife and I traded in our truck for a 2017 JKU (I wanted to wait for a JL, but she didn't, so we bought a Big Bear Special Edition). Prior to that, we had a 2014 Ram 1500 Limited (air lift and everything) and I loved it, but for what I do off-road, the JKU is far better equipped - for one thing, the Ram didn't have rock rails and skid plates... When I bought the JKU, I started looking around and found several websites and forums, and started looking for the best places to hang out. I was looking for where the most welcoming communities might be found.

I have watched a lot of the wayalife videos, and I enjoy them. For most other groups, I joined on their webpages and forums, but with wayalife, I never came to the forum via a web page, I always did so via Tapatalk (which I had never installed until I bought the Wrangler, so I wasn't really familiar with how it works, and TBH, I still just see posts pop up randomly..). Anyway, every so often, I'd get a notification from Tapatalk about some topic here on wayalife, and I'd start reading the thread, and someone was always insulting someone else. So, my perception of the site and forums was that this place seemed to be filled with a bunch of assholes. Maybe it was just luck of the draw with the posts I was reading, or maybe every thread is filled with this kind of 'banter'. It is fine if you know each other and razz each other - it is none of my business, and I should not have gotten involved - I should not have stuck my nose where it did not belong, so I apologize - I just thought I was defending someone who maybe needed to be defended. It was a gut instinct reaction. I've been 'on the Internet' since 1995, and I've seen a lot of people act like they shouldn't, just because they are on the Internet, because they do hide behind a keyboard - those people are cowards. I'm not saying that was what was happening here, because I don't know anyone here. That's just what it looked like to me - and maybe my vision was tainted because of so many negative experiences - so maybe I should have minded my own business, because, as several of you pointed out, I just sounded self-righteous, and that wasn't my intent.

Maybe I was wrong to voice my criticisms. Maybe the person who was being slighted felt uplifted. Or maybe I just looked like an ass because nobody knows who I am, and they just think I'm some random asshat come to stir up shit. I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum (Roddy Piper is from here, had to throw it in, sorry..) I saw what I perceived to be a wrong, and I felt the need to right it. It was none of my business, and I should have just ignored the posts I didn't like. I should have minded my own business - so I'm sorry for that. By not minding my own business, I upset the balance here, and members who have been here a while probably felt like they needed to defend their home, or something like that. My mistake was not realizing it sooner, and seeing those replies to me as being evidence that this place is filled with people who like to hurt others. I was wrong to assume anything, because, as I've repeated several times, I don't know anyone here, and it wasn't my place to interject, so I'm sorry for coming across as what may be perceived as asshat'ian to some of you. (or should that be asshat'ish?)

I do not apologize for being a guard dog. Some people are not strong enough to defend themselves, and they need to be protected. I do apologize for barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe we can start over. Or maybe not. This is just a forum and I could just delete my ID and create a new ID and nobody would know - but that's not who I am, so that's not going to happen. Maybe I don't belong here. and if that's the case, we're all better off if I just leave. You tell me. I'll be happy either way.

I was on my way to becoming RCMP, but my path led me elsewhere. Let's just say I work for the government in a capacity that allows me to dole out justice on a daily basis. I deal with liars, and thieves, and arsonists, and yet, I also get to help victims of crimes. So my job is rewarding in many ways. I'm just saying, I deal with garbage on a daily basis, and I'm used to standing between criminals and the innocent to protect them from those that want to do them harm. But this place has nothing to do with my job, so...

I would like to apologize for hijacking this thread. I don't know anybody on this forum, so I should not have stuck my nose where it didn't belong. I'm not going to justify my behaviour, I'm just going to explain why I behaved the way I did. Read the post, or don't.

At the end of October, my wife and I traded in our truck for a 2017 JKU (I wanted to wait for a JL, but she didn't, so we bought a Big Bear Special Edition). Prior to that, we had a 2014 Ram 1500 Limited (air lift and everything) and I loved it, but for what I do off-road, the JKU is far better equipped - for one thing, the Ram didn't have rock rails and skid plates... When I bought the JKU, I started looking around and found several websites and forums, and started looking for the best places to hang out. I was looking for where the most welcoming communities might be found.

I have watched a lot of the wayalife videos, and I enjoy them. For most other groups, I joined on their webpages and forums, but with wayalife, I never came to the forum via a web page, I always did so via Tapatalk (which I had never installed until I bought the Wrangler, so I wasn't really familiar with how it works, and TBH, I still just see posts pop up randomly..). Anyway, every so often, I'd get a notification from Tapatalk about some topic here on wayalife, and I'd start reading the thread, and someone was always insulting someone else. So, my perception of the site and forums was that this place seemed to be filled with a bunch of assholes. Maybe it was just luck of the draw with the posts I was reading, or maybe every thread is filled with this kind of 'banter'. It is fine if you know each other and razz each other - it is none of my business, and I should not have gotten involved - I should not have stuck my nose where it did not belong, so I apologize - I just thought I was defending someone who maybe needed to be defended. It was a gut instinct reaction. I've been 'on the Internet' since 1995, and I've seen a lot of people act like they shouldn't, just because they are on the Internet, because they do hide behind a keyboard - those people are cowards. I'm not saying that was what was happening here, because I don't know anyone here. That's just what it looked like to me - and maybe my vision was tainted because of so many negative experiences - so maybe I should have minded my own business, because, as several of you pointed out, I just sounded self-righteous, and that wasn't my intent.

Maybe I was wrong to voice my criticisms. Maybe the person who was being slighted felt uplifted. Or maybe I just looked like an ass because nobody knows who I am, and they just think I'm some random asshat come to stir up shit. I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum (Roddy Piper is from here, had to throw it in, sorry..) I saw what I perceived to be a wrong, and I felt the need to right it. It was none of my business, and I should have just ignored the posts I didn't like. I should have minded my own business - so I'm sorry for that. By not minding my own business, I upset the balance here, and members who have been here a while probably felt like they needed to defend their home, or something like that. My mistake was not realizing it sooner, and seeing those replies to me as being evidence that this place is filled with people who like to hurt others. I was wrong to assume anything, because, as I've repeated several times, I don't know anyone here, and it wasn't my place to interject, so I'm sorry for coming across as what may be perceived as asshat'ian to some of you. (or should that be asshat'ish?)

I do not apologize for being a guard dog. Some people are not strong enough to defend themselves, and they need to be protected. I do apologize for barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe we can start over. Or maybe not. This is just a forum and I could just delete my ID and create a new ID and nobody would know - but that's not who I am, so that's not going to happen. Maybe I don't belong here. and if that's the case, we're all better off if I just leave. You tell me. I'll be happy either way.
Do you regularly just walk up to groups of strangers, interject arguments to their conversation and sarcastically call them "buddy"?

For someone so interested in protecting others, this would seem like a real jackass move... but I digress....

If you are serious about becoming a member of the forum, and want to get the most out of the REAL community here, then start with a wave thread, introduce yourself, just like that original "welcome message" you obviously didn't read already suggested, then reread the rules I'm fairly confident you simply clicked past while signing up, make sure to follow them (you already agreed you WOULD when you signed up in the first place), spend some time interacting and getting to know the members. Go wheeling, and make some of the most epic friendships you could imagine... it's not fucking rocket science.

Otherwise, maybe you are right... maybe this place ISN'T for you and you should go back to your many other forums and jeep clubs you are already apparently a part of... why come here in the first place?

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:
I recall the dealer where I bought my JK (many years ago) offered a special windshield treatment that would make it a lot more resistant to those little projectiles. They even included a free replacement warranty in case it cracked. It was a long time ago and I forgot the name.

I did not take it long and, lo and behold, the next day a little rock hit it exactly on the arched line created by the passenger's wiper. The crack quickly expanded to the upper right corner.
I took the Jeep to one of those parking lot windshield repair guys and he did his "magic" there, completely covered by my insurance company.
Almost 10 years later it's still there. And, probably because the windshield is already cracked I never got any other rock into it.

So, there's that. LOL!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right? Simply try to explain that its fairly common for windshield chips and BAM! All of a sudden Im tailgating and need to "back off, slow down, chill out and enjoy the ride" [emoji848]. Whatever 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty much all of my windshield damage has come from vehicles passing me. Ergo distance from car in front of you is irrelevant.

Top Bottom