ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

CalSgt

Hooked
That stinks!

One of my staff was complaining about going through 4 windshields in a Gladiator the other day, a few were because the shop put the wrong glass in but still... She said they chipped the paint on the windshield surround every time too, is it common for glass shops to scratch/chip the paint around the windshield when they replace them?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That stinks!

One of my staff was complaining about going through 4 windshields in a Gladiator the other day, a few were because the shop put the wrong glass in but still... She said they chipped the paint on the windshield surround every time too, is it common for glass shops to scratch/chip the paint around the windshield when they replace them?
Not at all. I’ve replaced a lot of windshields and never had scratched glass.

CalSgt

Hooked
Yeah sorry. I meant the frame. Was doing something else while typing and not thinking properly.
Thats what I figured... I told her the glass shop she was using was probably shit. Bad enough they chipped the paint but also put a regular windshield in instead of one for adaptive cruise control.

WJCO

Meme King
That stinks!

I used to work at a glass shop. In my opinion, it would be difficult to damage the paint. If someone did that, they're just being careless IMO.

MericaMade

Did yours get adjusted??
Yeah, I got a lot of the wind noise out with adjustments and running a small piece of weather strip across the header to the point it doesn’t bother me anymore. I have dents in the frame and wants to replace it now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I got a lot of the wind noise out with adjustments and running a small piece of weather strip across the header to the point it doesn’t bother me anymore. I have dents in the frame and wants to replace it now.
Might be easier to just have a body shop clean things up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're still determined to replace the windshield, I found a few in Rialto and Sun Valley, CA that range from $600-$850. Granted, they most likely would need to be painted to match your Jeep so that cost will need to be worked in.

Top Bottom