ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Got both of these on one drive. Each started as a small edge chip and ran like hell before my drive was even over. Honestly, it’s a bit ridiculous how easy they break (this is the OEM glass).

Attachments

• 1790F85A-18F8-483E-B6E2-10B8EFB6B654.jpeg
    1790F85A-18F8-483E-B6E2-10B8EFB6B654.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 10

TheGrendel

Gorilla glass has a warranty, thats the benefit of having it.
I still personally find the O.E non gorilla to be the best. of all the ones we replace it seems to hold up far better then the off make ones. I find the quality of off brand to be garbage. probably rereplace at least a 2 to 1 on people asking for the aftermarket over O.E. We see those people back far more often then the people we put o.e ones in. and O.E has the little easter egg jeep. not a moched up sticker bought on line to simulate.

but I am biased to O.E
I honestly didn’t know the GG had a warranty. So I just call up the dealership and schedule a warranty replacement?

Sgt_USMC

Well, I caught a rock in Houston and it cracked my windshield. It’s all the way to the driver’s side in the middle vertically. I will be calling my insurance and see if they will pay to have it fixed rather than replace it (cause I have to pay to replace it). This makes the second total on a 17 y/o TJ. I had the OEM (what I was told by the guy that did it) replaced in 2019.

Got both of these on one drive. Each started as a small edge chip and ran like hell before my drive was even over. Honestly, it’s a bit ridiculous how easy they break (this is the OEM glass).
Yep. Total bs. I’ve put off replacing mine till I just can’t stand it anymore. I have two going full length horizontal and vertical. lol

kevman65

Hooked
The Gorilla Glass warranty through the manufacturer is MUCH easier to deal with than through JEEP.

JEEP wants you to jump through hoops and if this, that, or the other happened they won't cover.

So, if you put GG in yourself then you aren't dealing with JEEP. If it came from the factory with GG, put your tutu on and start jumping.

Brute

Hooked
The Gorilla Glass warranty through the manufacturer is MUCH easier to deal with than through JEEP.

JEEP wants you to jump through hoops and if this, that, or the other happened they won't cover.

So, if you put GG in yourself then you aren't dealing with JEEP. If it came from the factory with GG, put your tutu on and start jumping.
The first thing the dealership service rep said to me when I sent him pics of the crack was “if it’s longer than 2 inches it’s not covered under warranty “…there is no such thing as a crack under 2 inches on a jeep windshield…

trailraider

I honestly didn’t know the GG had a warranty. So I just call up the dealership and schedule a warranty replacement?
Yes , just book it in and they will snap some pictures and submit the claim .

you need to find another dealer then. It's probably one of the easiest warranties we do.
I'm having the Gorilla Glass replaced on the 392 May 1st...it was like pulling teeth to have it replaced under warranty. I'm never buying another Gorilla Glass again. Brute is on its 4th, has two small chips...but not needing a new one yet.
seriously ? We do them all the time with 0 issues. Sounds like dealers south o the border make it more difficult then needed.
It's litterally snap a picture submit the claim and replace. I have yet to have one denied. I have even proccessed claims for wholesale shops that have customers with broken ones and replace them at thier shop. no inconvience to the customer.

Brute

Hooked
Yes , just book it in and they will snap some pictures and submit the claim .

you need to find another dealer then. It's probably one of the easiest warranties we do.

seriously ? We do them all the time with 0 issues. Sounds like dealers south o the border make it more difficult then needed.
It's litterally snap a picture submit the claim and replace. I have yet to have one denied. I have even proccessed claims for wholesale shops that have customers with broken ones and replace them at thier shop. no inconvience to the customer.
I wouldn’t t go back to that dealership even if they offered a free tank of 92 octane…

kevman65

Hooked
@TrailRider

Remember, warranty process is MUCH different here in the States than it is in Canada.

JEEP/MOPAR/FCA/STELLANTIS passes the buck when it comes to the windshield warranty down here. Even THEY don't know which department covers it and if sent to the wrong department you will be denied because it isn't THEIR problem.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
The first thing the dealership service rep said to me when I sent him pics of the crack was “if it’s longer than 2 inches it’s not covered under warranty “…there is no such thing as a crack under 2 inches on a jeep windshield…
Not about a wind shield, but it is glass. I have the Samsung Galaxy flip z . I opened it one morning and felt something pop. OPened the phone and the screen was broken at the fold. The break was more like a LCD break. It just turns black. The surface of the glass did not have any sort of crack like we have all seen on cell phones.
T-Moble tells me I broke it and wants me to go through the insurance instead of warranty. I say I didn't break anything. I say it broke. I say I just used it as it was designed to do. Fold.
No replacement windshield on my 2011, It has a few chips and pitted like it was sand blasted.

Brute

Hooked
Not about a wind shield, but it is glass. I have the Samsung Galaxy flip z . I opened it one morning and felt something pop. OPened the phone and the screen was broken at the fold. The break was more like a LCD break. It just turns black. The surface of the glass did not have any sort of crack like we have all seen on cell phones.
T-Moble tells me I broke it and wants me to go through the insurance instead of warranty. I say I didn't break anything. I say it broke. I say I just used it as it was designed to do. Fold.
No replacement windshield on my 2011, It has a few chips and pitted like it was sand blasted.
does the pull out antennae still work?

TheGrendel

I read an article earlier that said almost all wranglers will come with Gorilla Glass going forward. GG sucks. My bet is Jeep knows GG is crap and they are trying to burn through their buying commitments.

Sgt_USMC

I just got off the phone with USAA. Since the damage to my windshield is smaller than a dollar bill they are going to repair it for free! Thank god, I wasn’t looking forward to another $250 bill for another windshield!

I just got off the phone with USAA. Since the damage to my windshield is smaller than a dollar bill they are going to repair it for free! Thank god, I wasn’t looking forward to another $250 bill for another windshield!
How are you getting windshields for only 250?

Top Bottom