Another wave from good old SD

b-white

Hey everyone! I moved to North County San Diego in September but I have only had my jeep since January. Really looking forward to exploring the back country around here.

Is there something happening in San Diego that has brought everyone out recently?

Welcome and Cheers :beer::beer::beer:

andrew -

b-white

Is there something happening in San Diego that has brought everyone out recently?

Welcome and Cheers :beer::beer::beer:

andrew -

Thanks for the welcome!

Apparently we have nice weather down here. Thats good enough for me. Also a job made the decision a little easier ;)

b-white

So I have been looking around for some trails close to me here in North County. Any recommendations? There seem to be alot down by the I-8 and I am well aware of Anza-Borrego but I am hoping for something that would be within a 1/2 hour of Escondido.

TheDuff

Corral canyon and pancake rock are awesome. Anderson truck trail in alpine (its not that great really). In the vid section there are a few vids from corral canyon covering a few of he trails there, so check them and see if you feel comfortable with the terrain. I'm feeling a corral canyon run forming in a couple weeks:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

b-white

Corral canyon and pancake rock are awesome. Anderson truck trail in alpine (its not that great really). In the vid section there are a few vids from corral canyon covering a few of he trails there, so check them and see if you feel comfortable with the terrain. I'm feeling a corral canyon run forming in a couple weeks:)

I have heard of these places in my searches of the forums, those look like awesome places to hit up. I am going to check out those vids now. Those trails require more planning and time to hit up, which there is nothing wrong with that and I will do. But I am hoping to find some places that are close by that I can take the fam out to on an afternoon. I have heard about some truck trails in Ramona, and I have found the trail heads but they were all gated closed. Are they closed down permanently? or are they open seasonally? Are there any trails up in the Palomar Mountain area? Lake Henchaw area?

TheDuff

I don't know of anything in those areas. But you are only 30 mins from me and it takes me 45 to get to 4 corners lot at corral canyon.

AW2Phillips

Me and my wheeling/camping buddy are planing a pancake or 911/gunslinger run sometime this March. Lets make a thread and plan a big WAYALIFE gathering and do it big. What do you guys thing?

Get lost!
Support Navy Search and rescue.
USN 04-present

Dave_g

Me and my wheeling/camping buddy are planing a pancake or 911/gunslinger run sometime this March. Lets make a thread and plan a big WAYALIFE gathering and do it big. What do you guys thing?

Get lost!
USN 04-present

I've been trying to get out there too, but every time some one plans a run I turn out to be on weekend duty, Duty this Sunday 10th, and Duty the 16th. Hey AW2 You strictly SAR or do you do ASW as well?

AW2Phillips

I've been trying to get out there too, but every time some one plans a run I turn out to be on weekend duty, Duty this Sunday 10th, and Duty the 16th. Hey AW2 You strictly SAR or do you do ASW as well?

I do both my brother SAR and ASW as well as Personnel recovery And special operations. You seem pretty familiar with the rate in the Navy what you do for the Navy? Where you stationed at?

Get lost!
USN 04-present

Top Bottom