Andrew's Build

Thats what mine does. I had to cut the first part of the bump stops off but i do like them. I also plan on getting a bumper/tire carrier and hopefully it will be soon.

Hope to see you at Rausch the next time we put together a forum trip.

I hope to see you at rausch too next trip : ). I think my problem with them is that the teraflex spacer pushes the tire out too far and the bump stops aren't making solid enough contact to help. I'm gonna do a little brainstorming to try and figure out the right combo to make this work

I hope to see you at rausch too next trip : ). I think my problem with them is that the teraflex spacer pushes the tire out too far and the bump stops aren't making solid enough contact to help. I'm gonna do a little brainstorming to try and figure out the right combo to make this work

Take off that spacer and just run it on stock carrier with the day star bumps I bet that helps a lot

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Was going to say I found the daystar bumps a little disappointing as well..what I did was mount the spare on the Poly relocating bracket and then cut some of the "disks" off the daystar bump and gorilla glue them to my sock bump and I found that did a much better job of taking out the wiggles. The base of the daystar bump is just too flimsy now they are made out of that foam....apparently we all missed it when they were made out of rubber and much better at doing their job.

I also found out the hard way that the lugs on my relocation bracket are longer than stock...no big deal popping the decorative cover off my normal lugs.....but I did break one of my locking lugs as well before I realized wtf happened.....you live you learn!

I am also just using this as a temporary fix till I can afford the bumper/tire carrier of my choice!

Cheers

I didn't know that about the lugs, this might help tighten it up a little. I think if the daystar bump stops were still rubber instead of foam like you said it would have helped too.

Last edited:
Mine is really tight. I have washes in the desert going faster then I should have been and it hasn't moved one bit. What backspacing is on your wheels? Are they stock?

I have the stock wheels for now which I believe have a 6.25in backspacing. What set up are you running if you dont mind me asking. I would like to try it. I am always open to suggestions and new ways of doing things : )

Last edited:
Take off that spacer and just run it on stock carrier with the day star bumps I bet that helps a lot

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

I think this may work. I remember we were talking about it the other day. I just haven't had a chance to take the spacer off and try it. Ill see if I can try and do it tonight and see how it goes : )

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that when someone has stock wheels and 35x12.5's like you and i do you can't put it on the carrier without either having a lift/spacer for the carrier or removing the rear bumper.

I have the stock wheels for now which I believe have a 6.25in backspacing. What set up are you running if you dont mind me asking. I would like to try it. I am always open to suggestions and new ways of doing things : )

My wheels have 4.5 inches of back spacing. If you take off your rear bumper you won't need the spacer.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm gonna play with it and see what gives me the best fit. Ill try it without the spacer and if I have to ill pull the bumper aswell, or I have considered just holding the spare in The trunk for now but I'd rather avoid that route if possible

So I attacked my rear tire carrier today. I found it won't fit on the stock carrier without the spacer because it hits both the rear bumper and the 3rd brake light. I took the rear bumper off and cut the rear brake light off and it fit pretty well. Smooth On road driving it didn't move and even over small bumps but if I hit a pothole or manhole cover it shook quite alot. I think what may have happen is because I ran it with the spacer it loosened my tailgate a bit, I notice the tailgate has more movement in it aswell. So I decided at the end of it all to remove the spare completely and keep it in the trunk for now for the peace of mind. Im sure it would have been fine but i decided to do it just in case. Thanks everyone again for all the info.

Last edited:
Had a very productive jeep weekend this weekend, was hoping to post this after I got my grill mesh mod done but that's going to wait till Monday probably.

Just hit 30,000 miles so I
Changed the oil in both differentials
Changed my transfer case oil
Engine oil and filter
Air filter
Tire rotation
Added fuel system cleaner

I also finally cut my rear fenders and front bumper down to a stubby bumper and added the VDP stubby end caps to clean it up. Fenders are a little skinnier then what I wanted but overall I'm happy how they look.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078318.284795.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078409.300727.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078417.400948.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078425.051408.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078432.768029.jpg

Send some pics. I wanted to go since i'm off this weekend, but someone told me it's to late to go.

Will do, sorry to hear you won't be there, would love to see the jeep. I don't know for sure if all the spots are booked but I wouldn't be surprised if they were. I heard it books up quick

Top Bottom