Am I Ready for 40's

Yup, what GCM 2 said.

How about Iroks are they good, I used to run them on many mud trucks like the Boggers and SX back in the 1990's
I saw the IROKs radials and was wondering if you guys seen them out on trail
Also Eddie do you run across to the JK experiences on Toyos 40's or when you go long distance you put on the Falkens

How about Iroks are they good, I used to run them on many mud trucks like the Boggers and SX back in the 1990's
I saw the IROKs radials and was wondering if you guys seen them out on trail
Also Eddie do you run across to the JK experiences on Toyos 40's or when you go long distance you put on the Falkens

I live out in the west where we play on a lot of rocks and out here, I have not found the IROK's to not perform well. In places like Moab, I have seen them to down right suck but, that could be because they have such little surface area to make solid contact with the slickrock.

Regarding the JK-Experience or any long distant locations I wheel, I drive out to them with the tires I have on. This is true with the Toyo's I've had in the past and now Nitto's.

I live out in the west where we play on a lot of rocks and out here, I have not found the IROK's to not perform well. In places like Moab, I have seen them to down right suck but, that could be because they have such little surface area to make solid contact with the slickrock.

Regarding the JK-Experience or any long distant locations I wheel, I drive out to them with the tires I have on. This is true with the Toyo's I've had in the past and now Nitto's.

Good to know about the Falken/ Toyo driving. I get asked that question all the time but nobody ever asks
Since you think the Iroks could use Siping to improve traction My Geolanders seem the same

Good to know about the Falken/ Toyo driving. I get asked that question all the time but nobody ever asks
Since you think the Iroks could use Siping to improve traction My Geolanders seem the same

Never said IROKS could use siping, if anything, I'm suggesting it could benefit from having less voids and more rubber/bigger lugs making contact with the ground.

I think I've decided and go for BFG Krawlers size 39x13.5x17 mounted on the new Birddog rims
Since My jeep only sees 7500 miles or less a year I'm not concerned on wearing them out

I think I've decided and go for BFG Krawlers size 39x13.5x17 mounted on the new Birddog rims
Since My jeep only sees 7500 miles or less a year I'm not concerned on wearing them out

Now that is a great tire, don't even confuse the Krawlers with the KM2's. The Krawlers are for serious duty use :thumb:

Rims showed up today and hopefully tires will he here to be mounted friday

Attachments

• image-1912194521.jpg
    image-1912194521.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 171
I was very impressed with the reviews of these wheels! I didn't realize they were already for sale! I hope they live up to their low pressure claims!

Wow, those are really 3.5" of back spacing?? Looks more like they have an offset.

I hope they are what they say they are!! My tires are supposed to arrive Friday and installed. My goal is to hopefully remove my current 1.5 spacers. I'm currently running 4.5 BS with spacers and going to a 3.5 BS rim!!

Maybe get them mounted this weekend

Attachments

• image-1416584878.jpg
    image-1416584878.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3736788101.jpg
    image-3736788101.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 128
I bet you'll still need the spacers or you'll rub the frame. I'm on 4.5bs rims and 1.5 spacers and rub the frame in front with 6 washers on each of the steering stops. When you look at most peeps running 40's they are running a wider axle in front( 1.5 each side) and 3.5 bs rims.

Last edited:
I bet you'll still need the spacers or you'll rub the frame. I'm on 4.5bs rims and 1.5 spacers and rub the frame in front with 6 washers on each of the steering stops. When you look at most peeps running 40's they are running a wider axle in front( 1.5 each side) and 3.5 bs rims.

Just driving it around no rubbing but then again I got Reid outer knuckles so maybe they stop before stock ones I don't know.
I'm running no spacers and drives most excellent
They measure 38.5 on the jeep just like the spec sheet states

Top Bottom