All My Texas Neighbors

Angry Aussie

Sorry for the late response. Doesn't look like we will be going to Hidden Falls this weekend. I got a concussion yesterday and Gecko13 is having drive shaft issues.

Any body wanna plan a weekend in February? When would be good for some folks? If anyone has any days they are free and wanna go let's plan a trip.

13gecko

Sorry for the late response. Doesn't look like we will be going to Hidden Falls this weekend. I got a concussion yesterday and Gecko13 is having drive shaft issues.

Any body wanna plan a weekend in February? When would be good for some folks? If anyone has any days they are free and wanna go let's plan a trip.

Sorry about the concussion bro...but it's showing hahah. Im pretty sure Dyslexia is a symptom...Gecko13....13Gecko....eh all the same. :D:thumbup: I'm in for Feb sometime, should be up and running by then. Let's try to get a whole convoy together.

Angry Aussie

Sorry about the concussion bro...but it's showing hahah. Im pretty sure Dyslexia is a symptom...Gecko13....13Gecko....eh all the same. :D:thumbup: I'm in for Feb sometime, should be up and running by then. Let's try to get a whole convoy together.

Ha ha jerk!!! But I'm pretty sure your right there buddy. I'm still a little slow right now.

Shaka

Concussion? I sure hope there's a story to go with it. Get off the disabled list soon bro.

I'm get to go whenever. I'll bring my LJ again as the wife's JK would never keep up with you and Gecko. Then again I barely kept up.

Angry Aussie

Concussion? I sure hope there's a story to go with it. Get off the disabled list soon bro.

I'm get to go whenever. I'll bring my LJ again as the wife's JK would never keep up with you and Gecko. Then again I barely kept up.

You kept up just fine man. We really didn't do anything that difficult. I'll be down to go one day next week if you are. And no the story isn't that great sadly. What's your schedule next week? Maybe gecko can come spot for us!

Shaka

I won't really know until midweek due to work getting in the way.

Hopefully whenever we go, we can get a bigger group.

iRonin

I signed up for one of the Adventure Park guided tours on Feb 22nd through Jones Jeeps / Hill Country Crawlers if that's as good a date as any in Feb. I've been out out there one time before and we did a bunch of the 1-3 trails but my wife wants us to take it slow and get some "official" lessons before I get too confident and start trying to do 5s and 6s :rock:

So I imagine what we'll be doing is easy/intermediate stuff if anyone is down. It's $50 to register and that doesn't include the park fees.

Side question - What do yall who live near Austin do for your actual buy and build process? All those Cali folks just roll up to EVO and get all their stuff done there by the guys who make the damn things, but here in Austin all I've seen is Just Jeeps, 4-Wheel Parts, and Jones Jeeps in Marble Falls. Who do yall use for labor when you need to?

I plan on doing a lot of the simple bolt on stuff myself (sliders, bumper, etc) but I really wouldn't trust myself with things like Locker upgrades (esp if I go Air) and I don't have the welding tools etc for the serious suff - so what do yall do?

Also - I have my shopping list spread out between Amazon, Northridge (since they are a site sponsor, 10% discount, etc). Do yall try to buy local first before going internet? Are there just certain things you shouldn't trust to delivery? I'm ready to spend some cash building the beast but I want to do it wisely!

Angry Aussie

I get Just jeeps to do the projects I can't do myself. The 4wheelparts in Austin is a joke and those guys charge out the ass for labor. Or Yost 2 automotive they do work for me and actually installed my lift and done lots of other stuff for me. Get guys and great prices both places.

Just buy what you want from the Internet and have it shipped. Only thing I bought in a store was wheels and tires.

Umm we may be able to get something going the weekend of the 22 if it's not to cold. I'd say if we can make it out don't spend your money on trail lessons we would be more then happy to help you and show you the ropes . All of the harder trails have by passes on the nasty stuff. We had a stock sport with us all day. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392002730.737705.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392002746.883448.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392002761.969700.jpg

Prime

South East Texas here

Golden Triangle area. a few of us in our jeep group are going back to Gilmer on the 21st. of this month.

1523900_10201386209396809_990621139_o.jpg 1549271_10202898454763996_322489699_n.jpg

Top Bottom