ALL ELECTRIC Jeep Recon... Thoughts??

Jeep Recon - Love It or Hate It?

• LOVE IT - Take my money Jeep!!

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • HATE IT - Guess I won't be buying a new Jeep in the future

Votes: 62 61.4%
  • Looks like a Bronco and Cherokee had sex but I could see me driving one

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Saving the planet is a priority of mine and I will for sure buy one just for that

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, if you haven't heard, Jeep just announced the plan for the future and... you guessed it, it involves their entire line up being electrified by 2025. And, I won't lie, I kinda like the Wagoneer S as it's been designed from the ground up to be something a Tesla owner might want. It's sleek, sexy and is supposed to clear 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. But, for the purposes of this post, I'd like to focus on the all new Recon. Clearly, this new model is designed with enough similarities of a Wrangler that it just might be a replacement for it or at the very least, something that will become the new flagship for Jeep. And, that's what I was hoping to get your 2¢ on. I would love to hear what you think about what you're seeing and hearing.

The All-new Jeep Recon: 100% Jeep; 100% Zero Emission
One of the first all-new electric SUVs that will launch in North America is the Jeep Recon.

This all-new vehicle is aimed at those who love to explore extreme adventures in near silence with a rugged, fully electric vehicle package.

The Jeep Recon is designed from the ground up to be 100% Jeep 4x4 and 100% zero emission. This SUV will be offered exclusively as a BEV, and it will enhance off-roading adventures with:

• True trail-rated capability with Jeep Selec-Terrain traction management system, e-locker axle technology, under-body protection, tow hooks and aggressive off-road tires
  • Authentic Jeep open-air freedom with a one-touch powertop, removable doors and glass 
  • The latest generation Uconnect system, including detailed travel guides of the most notable off-road trails
“The all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon has the capability to cross the mighty Rubicon Trail, one of the most challenging off-road trails in the U.S., and reach the end of the trail with enough range to drive back to town and recharge,” said Meunier.

This global SUV will be displayed to the public next year and production will start in 2024 in North America. Customers in the U.S. will be able to make a reservation for the new Jeep Recon BEV SUV in early 2023. The Jeep Recon will be sold in major markets around the world, including Europe.

FP022_001JP1r32nupaa4t1udkgv3itkr4ij1.jpg
FP022_002JP1v3qbraop3ojagv0sh2cggs1h9.jpg
FP022_003JPbsg7v14gv2b67tpr21u9k1dcc.jpg
FP022_004JP1jnglhpmmn4cehen1m9vssr3f3.jpg
FP022_005JP91rec4524p4akj8rumpbjub5cf.jpg

Obviously, there were other models like the Wagoneer S that Jeep highlighted but the Avenger will be a European only model and really, I think the Recon is what most of us would be interested in. So again, I'd love to know what you think about it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are interested, here are some shots of the Wagoneer S.

FP022_001WSh2lkl1tr60edd0o6382d46jba2.jpg
FP022_002WS8hmu3qqgkos6km6k37cfesbv90.jpg
FP022_003WSbe0v843sndosc1u4ft659lsq76.jpg
FP022_004WS9jc44rivqbbbmvj1pj2068mkit.jpg

An All-new, All-electric Wagoneer – The Art of American Premium
The Wagoneer family is also set to grow with an all-new SUV. Code-named Wagoneer S, this fully electric vehicle will continue to expand the brand’s presence in the premium SUV segment by offering a unique, sleek, aerodynamic design and 4x4 capability as standard, with all-terrain management, advanced Jeep brand-focused technology and impressive performance credentials.

This new, all-electric, global SUV will be offered exclusively as a BEV, targeting a range of 400 miles on a single charge, 600 hp and a 0-60 mph time of around 3.5 seconds.

With an exterior design marked by a signature LED-lit grille, this SUV is driven by aerodynamic efficiency, combined with the upright iconic Wagoneer side view.

“We’ll delight our customers with a premium, highly efficient SUV that is loaded with technology and high quality craftmanship, offering 4x4 capability, high performance, rapid acceleration and a target range of 400 miles on a single charge,” added Meunier.

The all-new Wagoneer BEV will also be displayed to the public next year and production will start in 2024 in North America. Customers in the U.S. will be able to make a reservation for this all-electric Wagoneer model in early 2023. It will be sold in major markets around the world, including Europe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And, for those of you on the other side of the pond, here are pic of what you will be getting...

FP022_006JPjac5b5pbksbennrc08lhjtfpeh.jpg
FP022_007JP3glnp2upeehvt7786jvf4odf93.jpg
FP022_008JPndsl3hca4istoggrbssdqaapv0.jpg
FP022_009JP6qjq50dfo95lf9lotpn8mp7tdv.jpg
FP022_010JPn8rcreg78s2guuskk9e64c4lh5.jpg
All-new Jeep Avenger, the First-ever Fully Electric Jeep SUV, Arrives in Europe in 2023
In Europe, the Jeep brand has already made a big shift by offering only electrified SUVs in countries such as Germany and France. By the end of this year, 100% of the Jeep SUV portfolio will be electrified in almost all of the European markets.

The plan revealed today builds upon this 4xe momentum, developing a portfolio of capable, fully electric vehicles designed and rightsized for Europe. The brand will introduce four zero-emission vehicles in Europe by 2025, with offerings in the main volume segments. As a result of this product onslaught, all the Jeep vehicles on sale in the region will be 100% electric by 2030.  

The first model of this product offensive is the all-new, all-electric Jeep Avenger, a compact SUV that was presented during the Stellantis Dare Forward long-term strategic plan earlier this year.

The all-new Jeep Avenger, to be introduced in Europe and other markets, such as Japan and South Korea, will be positioned under the Jeep Renegade and will be produced in the high-efficiency plant in Tychy, Poland.

With a targeted electric range of 400 kilometres, this new SUV will offer impressive ground clearance, breakover and approach angles for its segment, while delivering a modern and technologically advanced interior, with plenty of space for people and cargo.

“The all-new Avenger will offer Jeep brand capability that is rightsized for the European market,” said Antonella Bruno, head of Jeep Europe at Stellantis, “This modern, fun and emotional SUV will appeal to a growing set of customers who are looking for a capable, compact, modern and all-electric Jeep brand alternative to the current players.”

The Jeep Avenger will debut during the Paris Motor Show press day, on October 17, with reservations opening for customers that same day. The all-new Jeep Avenger will arrive in showrooms in early 2023.

kevman65

Hooked
Sorry, until the powers that be get their shit together to massively upgrade the electrical infrastructure of this country, I'm not getting on board the EV train. It's being proven right now in several parts of the country that the grid can't handle charging all the EV's AND keep the other customers in the power they need.

The Recon looks too much like a Bronco for my tastes.

Spazbyt

Hooked
“The all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon has the capability to cross the mighty Rubicon Trail, one of the most challenging off-road trails in the U.S., and reach the end of the trail with enough range to drive back to town and recharge,” said Meunier.
Pics or it didn't happen. If jeep wanted to sell these things they would have shot this commercial on the Rubicon instead of on a green screen. Run that Recon on some iconic trails along with other modified jeep to show it can hang. Kia takes a Sorento up hell's gate and jeep photo shops its new "flag ship" onto a trail?! Sometimes I think these marketing goons think way too hard and miss the point entirely.

waynem

The body design is interesting on both the Wagoner and Recon; certainly don't hate either. The Recon looks vaguely like a Honda Element .... I'm sure the Recon will be plenty capable offroad for 90% of the people who want one so that will be interesting to watch. Somewhat concerned about the weight and how that effects things like braking on steep declines etc...

My issue with BEV offroad is simply one of range. I'm sure they will be fine ON the trail. Hell, the Rubicon is less than 20 miles ? But how do you GET to the trail. It was a 12 hour trip from Seattle to Placerville ... can't do that on one charge.

I'll defer final opinions until Eddie gets a Recon and sends it down to Mel for the EVO treatment :)

waynem

Pics or it didn't happen. If jeep wanted to sell these things they would have shot this commercial on the Rubicon instead of on a green screen. Run that Recon on some iconic trails along with other modified jeep to show it can hang. Kia takes a Sorento up hell's gate and jeep photo shops its new "flag ship" onto a trail?! Sometimes I think these marketing goons think way too hard and miss the point entirely.

They probably haven't done it yet but they will. The JJUSA team has dragged pretty much every "trail rated" jeep model through the Rubicon during pre-production; including the new $100K Wagoneers and lowly Cherokee Trail Hawks. None survive without damage but they make it and while being driven by the jeep engineers not the guys that run the Rubicon every weekend.

I mean, as the electric car movement keeps getting bigger, I’d much rather drive one of these than a Tesla (maybe not the Recon though 🤨). I still have a hard time looking at these as the “new” off road vehicle or the preferred choice. Still love me a good ol engine! Wagoner for me though as the “mom” car for sure!

Thanks for sharing this!

Dunefever

And, for those of you on the other side of the pond, here are pic of what you will be getting...

View attachment 379192
View attachment 379193
View attachment 379194
View attachment 379195
View attachment 379196
All-new Jeep Avenger, the First-ever Fully Electric Jeep SUV, Arrives in Europe in 2023
In Europe, the Jeep brand has already made a big shift by offering only electrified SUVs in countries such as Germany and France. By the end of this year, 100% of the Jeep SUV portfolio will be electrified in almost all of the European markets.

The plan revealed today builds upon this 4xe momentum, developing a portfolio of capable, fully electric vehicles designed and rightsized for Europe. The brand will introduce four zero-emission vehicles in Europe by 2025, with offerings in the main volume segments. As a result of this product onslaught, all the Jeep vehicles on sale in the region will be 100% electric by 2030.  

The first model of this product offensive is the all-new, all-electric Jeep Avenger, a compact SUV that was presented during the Stellantis Dare Forward long-term strategic plan earlier this year.

The all-new Jeep Avenger, to be introduced in Europe and other markets, such as Japan and South Korea, will be positioned under the Jeep Renegade and will be produced in the high-efficiency plant in Tychy, Poland.

With a targeted electric range of 400 kilometres, this new SUV will offer impressive ground clearance, breakover and approach angles for its segment, while delivering a modern and technologically advanced interior, with plenty of space for people and cargo.

“The all-new Avenger will offer Jeep brand capability that is rightsized for the European market,” said Antonella Bruno, head of Jeep Europe at Stellantis, “This modern, fun and emotional SUV will appeal to a growing set of customers who are looking for a capable, compact, modern and all-electric Jeep brand alternative to the current players.”

The Jeep Avenger will debut during the Paris Motor Show press day, on October 17, with reservations opening for customers that same day. The all-new Jeep Avenger will arrive in showrooms in early 2023.
There is a reason that the largest car maker in the world is not developing an all electric vehicle. Just because you do not have a tailpipe does not mean you are green and saving the planet. Research shows that an electric vehicle is not carbon free until close to 80 to 100 thousand miles depending on the vehicle. Strip mining for the rare earth materials is a huge impact to the environment that will never recover. I don’t want to have to drag a generator around to get where I am going. The battery technology just isn’t there yet. Not to mention the electrical grid is not there. Look at California shutting down there nuclear power plant with rolling black outs and asking people not to charge their electric vehicles all while eliminating internal combustion engines. You think cost for things are not going to go up. Freight will take longer since trucks will have to recharge which means more down time and supply chain issues. Plus it is an ugly vehicle I believe hydrogen maybe a better alternative if they don’t need a bunch of water to produce it. My thoughts

benatc1

Hooked
I have to say, I don’t necessarily have an issue with “zero emissions” even though it’s generally BS, but the recon just doesn’t look good. I still haven’t decided what I’m doing with my next Jeep and need my wife back to work before I can do anything anyway, but I can positively say it won’t be that. Actually makes me want to save for a 392, so that it’s totally the opposite of that.

Bierpower

Hooked
There is a reason that the largest car maker in the world is not developing an all electric vehicle. Just because you do not have a tailpipe does not mean you are green and saving the planet. Research shows that an electric vehicle is not carbon free until close to 80 to 100 thousand miles depending on the vehicle. Strip mining for the rare earth materials is a huge impact to the environment that will never recover. I don’t want to have to drag a generator around to get where I am going. The battery technology just isn’t there yet. Not to mention the electrical grid is not there. Look at California shutting down there nuclear power plant with rolling black outs and asking people not to charge their electric vehicles all while eliminating internal combustion engines. You think cost for things are not going to go up. Freight will take longer since trucks will have to recharge which means more down time and supply chain issues. Plus it is an ugly vehicle I believe hydrogen maybe a better alternative if they don’t need a bunch of water to produce it. My thoughts
Side thought. Who owns all of these rare earth mineral mines? They must be making a killing on all this. 🤔

Top Bottom