ALL ELECTRIC Jeep Recon... Thoughts??

Jeep Recon - Love It or Hate It?

• LOVE IT - Take my money Jeep!!

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • HATE IT - Guess I won't be buying a new Jeep in the future

Votes: 62 61.4%
  • Looks like a Bronco and Cherokee had sex but I could see me driving one

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Saving the planet is a priority of mine and I will for sure buy one just for that

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

JediNighT

It is what it is... the future is upon us! All things being equal, I'd like to see a what a modded Recon would do against a modded JLUR!

grein46087

They probably haven't done it yet but they will. The JJUSA team has dragged pretty much every "trail rated" jeep model through the Rubicon during pre-production; including the new $100K Wagoneers and lowly Cherokee Trail Hawks. None survive without damage but they make it and while being driven by the jeep engineers not the guys that run the Rubicon every weekend.
I am going to have to agree with @kevman65 and @Spazbyt with their input. I personally do not believe these are ready now. With the additional consideration of how much weight are these things carrying in their battery storage - is it truly going to have the capacity to compete with the current capabilities of current Wranglers/Rubicons? My suspect is it will not. maybe if it had a Graphene battery it may make more sense. In the end where are they going to charge these On the Rubicon trail, people are using personal generators to charge vehicles now, I do not see California putting up charging stations on such scenic land, ( well maybe they will all their current craziness ). Maybe quit Probably is the reason why they called it "Recon", it can explore US cities rather than explore the off road.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
So, if you haven't heard, Jeep just announced the plan for the future and... you guessed it, it involves their entire line up being electrified by 2025. And, I won't lie, I kinda like the Wagoneer S as it's been designed from the ground up to be something a Tesla owner might want. It's sleek, sexy and is supposed to clear 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. But, for the purposes of this post, I'd like to focus on the all new Recon. Clearly, this new model is designed with enough similarities of a Wrangler that it just might be a replacement for it or at the very least, something that will become the new flagship for Jeep. And, that's what I was hoping to get your 2¢ on. I would love to hear what you think about what you're seeing and hearing.

The All-new Jeep Recon: 100% Jeep; 100% Zero Emission
One of the first all-new electric SUVs that will launch in North America is the Jeep Recon.

This all-new vehicle is aimed at those who love to explore extreme adventures in near silence with a rugged, fully electric vehicle package.

The Jeep Recon is designed from the ground up to be 100% Jeep 4x4 and 100% zero emission. This SUV will be offered exclusively as a BEV, and it will enhance off-roading adventures with:

• True trail-rated capability with Jeep Selec-Terrain traction management system, e-locker axle technology, under-body protection, tow hooks and aggressive off-road tires
  • Authentic Jeep open-air freedom with a one-touch powertop, removable doors and glass 
  • The latest generation Uconnect system, including detailed travel guides of the most notable off-road trails
“The all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon has the capability to cross the mighty Rubicon Trail, one of the most challenging off-road trails in the U.S., and reach the end of the trail with enough range to drive back to town and recharge,” said Meunier.

This global SUV will be displayed to the public next year and production will start in 2024 in North America. Customers in the U.S. will be able to make a reservation for the new Jeep Recon BEV SUV in early 2023. The Jeep Recon will be sold in major markets around the world, including Europe.

View attachment 379181
View attachment 379183
View attachment 379184
View attachment 379185
View attachment 379186

Obviously, there were other models like the Wagoneer S that Jeep highlighted but the Avenger will be a European only model and really, I think the Recon is what most of us would be interested in. So again, I'd love to know what you think about it :)
Jeep: it’s the new Land Rover, which was the new Jeep

pop2tu

I can't say I hate how it looks, but being that I'm in California I'd prefer to always drive my gas cars if they prove to us there isn't even enough power to charge our electric cars from 4 to 9...
Wednesday they were saying 3-10PM. I wish I could find the article I read a few months ago, it was about Ca grid not being adequate for the power consumption. It said it would take like 50 years to bring it up to handle todays use. It wasn’t taking about the power generation.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Total Crap...I remember last time the french took over Jeep with AMC... It was a huge mess in the US and Europe and Asia (I should know my dad was AMC administrator for Renault).

They never understood CJ and Wrangler concepts and "wayalife". The Recon is an exact carbon copy of this error albeit with the E tag on it to look good and to be able to sell it on European markets and Asian markets and maybe the US that might buy into electric. (yes might because the battery and charge and range problems are very far from being solved) I do believe hybrids and maybe hydrogen vehicles to be a solution but certainly not a 100 percent electric Jeep range.

JAGS

Hooked
I’m not ready for the EV train. Certainly wouldn’t want this to be my first. I’ll stick with my gas JL. Or a JT.

from a looks standpoint could be a lot work. But why not make an EV grand Cherokee. Or an update to a trail ready EV compass/Cherokee.

guessing one of the existing models will eventually be phased out to make room in the lineup.

I’m not ready for the EV train. Certainly wouldn’t want this to be my first. I’ll stick with my gas JL. Or a JT.

from a looks standpoint could be a lot work. But why not make an EV grand Cherokee. Or an update to a trail ready EV compass/Cherokee.

guessing one of the existing models will eventually be phased out to make room in the lineup.
Jeep should be aware that their core identity is still tied to Jeep models with 'J' in their model ids, even if most models sold do not match that description. If the electric jeep does not have solid axels and a chassis historically similar to Willis and CJ models then Jeep as a brand is dead.

Top Bottom