All comment's welcome

Latvia1971

Hello:

I am am having Deciple offroad work up a quote and complete my ultimate / dream Jeep build for my family and myself.....parameters were a vehicle that can handle almost any trail with the most reliabilty and safety also 40s inch tires on a vehicle that will be driven 10000 miles per year minimum........So HERE is my question? Full cage or not?.....Genright has a full cage available soon should i go that route ? And replace rhe stock set up...? Thank you for all impute in advance.

Respectfully Mark

jesse3638

Hooked
Hello:

I am am having Deciple offroad work up a quote and complete my ultimate / dream Jeep build for my family and myself.....parameters were a vehicle that can handle almost any trail with the most reliabilty and safety also 40s inch tires on a vehicle that will be driven 10000 miles per year minimum........So HERE is my question? Full cage or not?.....Genright has a full cage available soon should i go that route ? And replace rhe stock set up...? Thank you for all impute in advance.

Respectfully Mark
I'd say keep it stock. Think of how you're going to be driving. My thoughts are that if I put a cage I'm not putting my family in it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On a JL or JT? I wouldn't bother. I've been doing this Jeep thing for over 25 years now and while I have seen my fair share of Jeeps tip and even roll, I have NEVER seen a need for an aftermarket cage. The factory roll bars will hold up just fine.

Latvia1971

On a JL or JT? I wouldn't bother. I've been doing this Jeep thing for over 25 years now and while I have seen my fair share of Jeeps tip and even roll, I have NEVER seen a need for an aftermarket cage. The factory roll bars will hold up just fine.
Thanks for the Reply.....i appreciate the impute.....

As we talked about, they definitely look cool but I think for your needs, it’s really not a must as the stock cage does pretty well BUT Rockhard4x4 is an easier option IF you wanted to add a little extra. Additionally if you really want to run PRP seats, we can just do their harness bar.

JT@623

Hooked
Hello:

Respectfully Mark

All comment's welcome​

Don’t be a pussy 🤣
You asked

CalSgt

Hooked
If I were independently wealthy I would go for it, custom cages kinda look rad & I would rather see people spend money on safety equipment before lights and max tracks.

CalSgt

Hooked
Aren't lights and max tracks safety equipment?
Perhaps... The Walmart parking lot gets rather dark and slick which may require those safety items.

I can only think of one occasion where Max tracks would have been helpful on any of my wheeling trips and it was a snow trip. The guy with the open diffs and worn tires in an overloaded TJ really struggled. But he would have continued to struggle every time he stopped to go retrieve the traction boards, getting going after a stop was his biggest problem.

As far as lights go I've never seen anyone "NEED" a light bar on a jeep. On a SXS going fast in open desert or sand dunes the light bars, chase lights, and lighted whips are safety items but I still recommend getting a quality roll cage and harnesses for SXS's before the lights.

Top Bottom