ABS, Traction Control and Brake light flashing intermittently

JudeinPa

I have been having a problem with ABS, Traction Control and brake light flashing intermittently along with the speedometer dropping to 0 and back to the correct speed at speeds up to 65-70 mph. At night the headlights and dash lights would flicker. Traction control light stayed on until I stopped put in park and turned off engine then when started again cleared until the down the road it would come on again.
Looking through the Wayalife site and reading numerous diagnosis and remedies for others with the same problem thought for sure it was a bad abs sensor. Being my Jeep JK is getting very close to the end of my factory warranty decided to have it looked at. I really hesitate to take it to the dealer after all the mods I have on it and them telling me I voided the warranty.

So I went to the dealer today and when checked it came back with the code C1000 C107C Switch : Stop Lamp. Followed the diag and replaced the brake switch cleared codes and road tested. It was covered under the warranty so I am glad that worked out.

Hopefully it will not come on again as it usually took about 3 hours into a road trip before the lights would start back up again. Just thought I would pass along some more data for anyone having the same problem as it is not only a bad abs sensor or steering wheel that will throw your christmas tree on.

JAGS

Hooked
Check your battery terminals and make sure they are on tight and no accessory is on the clamping nut.

Top Bottom