A Dirt Head's JK

In my opinion, I think the rear seats deaden the noise level and allow the Jeep to ride a bit better in the rear, much like a bit of load in the bed of a pickup. Plus, on decent occasion find myself driving more than one passenger around.

As far as hot chicks go, I have one and she thinks the Jeep’s half hers…

View attachment 400632
When you get married, she’ll be right! 😂

In lieu of deciding to push back the purchase of a new set of wheels to prioritize a new front axle, I finally decided to address the slight rubbing that has been occurring with my front lower control arms against my tires only at full flex + turned full lock.

IMG_4840.jpeg

I’ve been running 1.5” spacers ever since lifting my Jeep and am going to bump up to Synergy 1.75” just to help clear things a bit more. This will put my Rubicon wheels at about 4.5 BS or so, whereas previously they sat as if they were 4.75”

IMG_4841.jpeg

Will post pics after install to see if there’s any actual noticeable difference in the stance lol.

Had the weekend off (a rarity in the car business lol) and spent it in the desert! For this traditional trip I’ve been doing for years now with the friends I have locally, I brought along my buddy whom I used to work with that is one of those guys that only swears by XJs - until he keeps having problems with them and even had one crushed by a tree.

A few months ago I threw on a 2” lift for him on his 2018 KL Cherokee he got last year to get him back into it, since he’s been getting the itch ever since leaving behind his “real Jeeps” haha.

Fueling up at the foot of Julian
IMG_5018.jpeg

Hitting the dirt off the S2
IMG_5020.jpeg

The infamous mud caves are always a fun stop
IMG_5022.jpeg

Regrouping and had a new Willys JL tag along
IMG_5027.jpeg

Entering Diablo!
IMG_5029.jpeg

One of the best overlooks in the area
IMG_5033.jpeg

Love how the desert landscape changes from north to south
IMG_5036.jpeg

Dropping in!
IMG_5043.jpeg

Making our way down a sandy wash
IMG_5046.jpeg

Entering the sandstone canyons
IMG_5048.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome! Been years since we've been out thatway. Looked like a perfect day (y)
It really was! High of 60° and a low of 38°

Honestly, it sucks just how many people (from San Diego mainly) only know of and think this is the ONLY place to get out and explore in their vehicle. There’s always traffic - and the trail conditions, SXS riders, sprinter van people, dumb high schooler squads doing endless donuts in their beat rangers and tacomas, and leftover crap (wooden pallets with nails protruding, trash, spray paint and inscriptions, etc) make this area less desirable to go to each year. For me at least.

Brute

Hooked
It really was! High of 60° and a low of 38°

Honestly, it sucks just how many people (from San Diego mainly) only know of and think this is the ONLY place to get out and explore in their vehicle. There’s always traffic - and the trail conditions, SXS riders, sprinter van people, and leftover crap (wooden pallets with nails protruding, trash, spray paint and inscriptions, etc) make this area less desirable to go to each year. For me at least.
That's always a bummer...

IMG_5109.jpeg

Simple yet effective - A Firestik spring stud for the CB antenna. The antenna has managed to pop itself out of its threads on rougher sections of chop before since it was previously pretty rigid, so this should do the trick.

Also have found myself straightening the damn steering wheel after almost every trip out, so next real upgrade is a drag link as soon as I get the chance. I’m thinking Synergy.

Top Bottom