A Dirt Head's JK

TrailHunter

Hooked
Gotcha I see. Just looked it up and I’m seeing brackets for the track bar mount and clamps for the tie rod to rotate it upwards. Definitely need to add that to the list - thanks!
There are different ways to do it... probably without welding... Thats just how I did it. I was Bangin mine up constantly too.

Been a while since I’ve done anything to the Jeep, and I’ve run some little trails here and there but nothing worth sharing. After serious consideration, I’ve moved back purchasing a new set of wheels in favor of putting that money towards a new front axle.

The JK just hit 68k miles and I plan on wrenching on it again soon.

Ditching the dirty 30 isn’t a bad plan at all especially since you like to drive fast in the desert lol what are you thinking for a replacement?
Dana UD44 with 4.88s! Biggest I'd go on the 2 door is 37s in the future, but that'll be when I can afford all the supporting mods that go with it.

If only I knew of a trustworthy shop in CenCal that could help me with that and could get a Sequoia trip out of on the way back down... 🤔;)

Dana UD44 with 4.88s! Biggest I'd go on the 2 door is 37s in the future, but that'll be when I can afford all the supporting mods that go with it.

If only I knew of a trustworthy shop in CenCal that could help me with that and could get a Sequoia trip out of on the way back down... 🤔;)
Can certainly assist. The UD44's are nice and bolt in ready. I'll get you a forum price so you can have a number in mind. We also have free freight on Dana axles.

If we time it right, our trails will be open and would be happy to go hit some with ya (y)

Can certainly assist. The UD44's are nice and bolt in ready. I'll get you a forum price so you can have a number in mind. We also have free freight on Dana axles.

If we time it right, our trails will be open and would be happy to go hit some with ya (y)
Good to know! Kind of depends where the build will be to decide if I'll bolt it up myself or not, might be in conjunction with a new suspension system. You'll get a call from me when that time comes (y) :cool:

To kick off 2024, I inevitably bought something for my Jeep. This time a 2” hitch receiver to carry a platform bike rack since I’m finding myself on the mountain bike more often.
IMG_4663.jpeg IMG_4664.jpeg IMG_4665.jpeg
I put off getting one for so long since I was adamant about not having a low hanging point out the rear but realized, when the hell would I ever hit it realistically? Now the 2 door is just that much more utilitarian.

Top Bottom