A day trip to Shoe Creek

05Jeeper

Perhaps if you advertise a post riding trip to the Blue Mountain Brewery, you may sway others to attend. :beer:

Elmer

Ty, shoot me a PM next time you're planning a trip in case I miss the post. I'm itching to try out the new winch.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427600735.068799.jpg

Disclaimer: installed the bumper and winch today and took this photo before spooling on the rope haha

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well I think Im done trying to organize trips on here as I always seem to fall through. Lol. We made it about 99% of the way to the trail only to get stopped by ice on the dirt road. I think I couls have gotten past it but with my 2yr old in the Jeep, I really wasnt comfortable taking any chances. I know 05Jeeper made it and I hope you all had fun.

RebelconJk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667774.438956.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667805.174075.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667823.232222.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667847.410391.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667869.494788.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667893.157611.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667908.723271.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427667928.559006.jpg

We had a good time, I saw that ice hill you we're talking about. Def sketchy! We camped out last night, it wasn't icy coming in yesterday. The temp dropped super fast and the wind was whipping around 10 to 20mph. The temp in the jeep said 9 around 9:45-10:00. With the wind chill it was prob around 6. Def one of the coldest camping trips I've been on in a while. It was a fun day though!

Elmer

Looks like a great time. I'll let you all know when I'm making a camping trip down there. Hopefully April if it warms up.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ty, shoot me a PM next time you're planning a trip in case I miss the post. I'm itching to try out the new winch.

Disclaimer: installed the bumper and winch today and took this photo before spooling on the rope haha

Will do. Great looking JK. :thumbup:

El Toro

Dang...I would have loved to come along. I'm in Richmond. My wife and I were at Rausch Creek over the weekend. I'm in for the next one!

lxddle

I had heard that Shoe Creek trail may be closed but it looks like you folks were there not too long ago. Do you know if the trail is open from the top at Crabtree Meadows all the way down to Alhambra Road?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I had heard that Shoe Creek trail may be closed but it looks like you folks were there not too long ago. Do you know if the trail is open from the top at Crabtree Meadows all the way down to Alhambra Road?

Welcome to WAL!

Yes the whole trail is still open. I think what trips everyone up is the fact that the trail does run through private land, and there are no less than 50 private property signs that dot portions of the trail. The owners of the land and the state have an agreement that the trail will remain open (I don't have any offical sources to quote though) As long as everyone heeds these signs and doesn't fuck up the trail it should remain open for the foreseeable future. You are more than welcome to join us on our next run. :yup:

Top Bottom