A day trip to Shoe Creek

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
For those of you that are interested, March 29th Ill be doing a day trip to the Shoe Creek trail in Tyro, VA.

There is nothing difficult about this trail and if you have never been off roading before it is a great place to start.

I plan to get to the trail head by 10am but that is all dependent on traffic when I leave Hampton roads. If you are going we will plan to meet at the trail head.

Below is the address:
Meadows Ln
Tyro, VA 22976

GPS Coord:
37.830152, -79.083221

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Giving this a bump.

I'll be down in the Norfolk area next month...little too late for this trip.

Thanks for the bump! How long are you going to be in this area? Maybe we can get another run going during that time.

RebelconJk

Looking forward to the trip. Talked to my buddies, there busy that weekend. My dad might come? He's got a built TJ that is awesome.

05Jeeper

I'm getting the Jeep looked at this week; it's making some weird noises underneath. If it turns out to be nothing, you may see me there this weekend.

Siebermd

Unfortunately Im not gonna make it, sorry. Please post some pics. Have a safe trip. Catch me on the next one.

Matt

Warebear

Hey! I might be able to make the trip, where will we be meeting? I am on leave in south western nc and am about 5 hours away from Tyro, so I'd have to get on the road early Sunday morning.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hey! I might be able to make the trip, where will we be meeting? I am on leave in south western nc and am about 5 hours away from Tyro, so I'd have to get on the road early Sunday morning.

Awesome! It is about a four hour drive for me so I'll be leaving my house at about 430 - 5 ish. We are going to be meeting on the North side off of Meadow Lane.

Meadows Ln
Tyro, VA 22976

GPS Coord
37.830152, -79.083221

This is different from the address that was on the first post. There is a big parking lot on the left of the road before it turns into Shoe Creek that we are meeting at, at 10am. Hope to see you there.

05Jeeper

This is different from the address that was on the first post. There is a big parking lot on the left of the road before it turns into Shoe Creek that we are meeting at, at 10am. Hope to see you there.

So you're meeting on the back end just off of 56? I normally start at the bottom, but that's okay.

The noise in my Jeep turned out to be nothing. I just have to take care of a few loose ends before I fully commit, but it's looking good at this point so far.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So you're meeting on the back end just off of 56? I normally start at the bottom, but that's okay.

The noise in my Jeep turned out to be nothing. I just have to take care of a few loose ends before I fully commit, but it's looking good at this point so far.

That is the way I've have done it too because of where I come from to do the trail. However, RebelconJK and a few others are going to be camping just off of 56 and Meadow Lane and there is more room to meet and park on that side.

Glad to hear that things are looking good. If you and Warebear are able to make it we will be at 6 rigs total. 3 TJs and 3 JKs. :thumb:

Elmer

Wish I could make it. I live up in Damascus, MD but graduated from JMU so am really familiar with the area and go wheeling in the GWNF all the time. I'll be making plenty of camping trips down there once it warms up a bit, hope to see some of you guys out there! Enjoy this weekend!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Wish I could make it. I live up in Damascus, MD but graduated from JMU so am really familiar with the area and go wheeling in the GWNF all the time. I'll be making plenty of camping trips down there once it warms up a bit, hope to see some of you guys out there! Enjoy this weekend!

Hope you are able to join us on thr next one.

Loose ends have been taken care of. See you all on Sunday.

Awesome!

Top Bottom