40s

Army_Vet

Banned
My rig is completely home built with almost everything off of craigslist. Bought an f350 for the axles, made most of the brackets, parted out the rest of the truck... Craigslist lockers, had to buy gears from 4wheelpartsbut did all the installs
David; if you dont mind, how much did those axles end up costing you to get bolted in.

Remember, if you bought the truck for lets say 1k and parted out for 2k but spent 3k in parts thats 1k per axle....

Don't include any fluids or tools that you bought. I understand it may be different for each swap, because you don't know what your going to end up with.

David1tontj

David; if you dont mind, how much did those axles end up costing you to get bolted in.

Remember, if you bought the truck for lets say 1k and parted out for 2k but spent 3k in parts thats 1k per axle....

Don't include any fluids or tools that you bought. I understand it may be different for each swap, because you don't know what your going to end up with.

I never put all the numbers together... I know I did better than most of the guys say.. I'll have to pull out my stack of receipts and notes... It's a big stack that I ne'er wanted to go through.

I will get this together, but I'll need some time.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Army_Vet

Banned
I never put all the numbers together... I know I did better than most of the guys say.. I'll have to pull out my stack of receipts and notes... It's a big stack that I ne'er wanted to go through.

I will get this together, but I'll need some time.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Well i wasnt looking for the exact dollar amount, but if you're willing to. I would accept a decent ballpark number

badassbrass

Kyle has built many of the rigs that wheel our area, he is well aware of his axle choice. He has built a local following by building rigs for crazy low dollar amounts that do extremely well on the trail. You know "that guy" that walks through an obstacle that just gave everyone else in the group a hard time (every group has one), yeah he's that guy. After building a couple of stout rigs he built up a base jk on 37's with a bone stock open 30 and ran the toughest trails in the area for a year just to see if he could do it, everyone told him it will explode the moment you put it in drive...
It's 75% driver, keep in mind we don't have the same type of terrain as out west so it's easier to get away with here. Long term it aint gonna work but it will be fun to see how far he gets!

I agree, and there is some guys here with the same rig as i have now and broke 3 times. They gas on hard......its a jeep... Not a tank...

From Québec

badassbrass

But of course... Smaller gear.... I'll stick to 35/37.... We'll see..... Thanks for every comments everybody, that's why forum like this one exist! Cheers

From Québec

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Agreed. Love to meet this internet gangster in person!

Sent from J-Dub253WA's iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!!

I'm far from a gangster but any time you plan to come down here let us know.

And as far as everyone saying how badass it is that it's still holding up, I've yet to see any "hard wheeling" from the pics.

Top Bottom