3D Printing

JessL

Caught the Bug
@jal posted a thread on an awesome new shelf he is working on for his JL and it sparked me to toss out there that 3D printing is an amazing way to take cool ideas and turn them into reality.

I recently designed a new type of IR laser module that I was able to take from concept to a functional prototype in just a few weeks. We had working examples for suppliers in a shockingly short time. The materials we can print in are expanding so rapidly that it would surprise you. I am waiting on our company to make the leap to metal 3D printing where we will be able to print in steel and other materials. Plastics, nylons, and infused plastics with carbon fiber or other materials are able to be applied easily for different levels of component performance.
1682534469306.png

There are a ton of examples of how this could help, not just for fun one-off ideas or hard-to-find parts but to really create new products that are needed out there. I would be more than happy to help anyone get a part or an idea modeled and printed, just reach out.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Someone design me a dust collection port for my Milwaukee 12” miter saw. I have the printer. No idea how to design it. That’s if y’all are bored.

Bierpower

Hooked
Someone design me a dust collection port for my Milwaukee 12” miter saw. I have the printer. No idea how to design it. That’s if y’all are bored.
Are you looking for something that connects to a factory position or a full custom dust collection adapter?

JessL

Caught the Bug
Looks like a rectangalish (technical term) outlet. Do you want that to connect to a shop vac?

1682648240285.png
1682648367813.png

JessL

Caught the Bug
WTF is wrong with Milwaukee? Every other tool known to man necks their dust collector to a round port
Right? And I don't know what the connector looks like under the factory collector. Could just put a hose clamp on it.
1682649532684.png

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I really just think that bottom piece needs to be wider. Not even sure now that I look at it it needs to be printed. That piece is like a rubber piece that’s bent. The dust collection just sucks out of the box and not in a good way.

Top Bottom