38s on Dana 30

I wish more of these kinds of threads ended this way. Im too used to people getting pissed because they dont get the answer they were hopin for. Lol

Yeah I don't understand why someone would get mad, they came here for opinions they should expect to get an opinion that they don't agree with

I've been running 37s on my d30 for a couple years. With that being said I don't advise it. Everytime we go out and make it back to pavement I thank god. It's been tough knowing it's a grenade waiting to explode. I just ordered a PR44 after saving for a long time and can not wait for it to arrive. Everybody said oh yea it's just bolt in and go when in reality I just spent 5k on an axle and another 2k for other parts needed with it which I wasn't necessarily expecting but that comes with upgrading. I wish you luck on whatever you decide. Here is a pic of a d30 on 37s wheeling.

Attachments

• 1445559589528.jpg
    1445559589528.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 221
If you spend time looking at pics on the web or reading Jeep magazines, you will continually be propelled toward 37s. Instead, sit down, read the Bible, watch videos of third world country families, then realize that this wonderful 1st World America we live in that allows us to go get a loan and buy whatever the f$@k we want isn't necessarily the right answer all the time. After that, you'll be happy that you have a Jeep and you just need to enjoy it the way it is. We all battle with these inner thoughts.

Then once you're content with your Jeep the way it is, rinse and repeat, because if you don't, you will be considering obnoxious modifications once again........like every day.

If you spend time looking at pics on the web or reading Jeep magazines, you will continually be propelled toward 37s. Instead, sit down, read the Bible, watch videos of third world country families, then realize that this wonderful 1st World America we live in that allows us to go get a loan and buy whatever the f$@k we want isn't necessarily the right answer all the time. After that, you'll be happy that you have a Jeep and you just need to enjoy it the way it is. We all battle with these inner thoughts.

Then once you're content with your Jeep the way it is, rinse and repeat, because if you don't, you will be considering obnoxious modifications once again........like every day.

If I can finance it I can afford it :D

THIS right here [emoji106]🏽 Couldn't have said it better myself. Sure I have enough money in the bank to get a PR44 and throw on some 37's, but honestly my jeep with an EVO level, 1/4 pounder and trektop has me content. Some people don't have the money to even own a car, much less a badass lifted Jeep! Appreciate what you have in semi stock form and remember it'll all come in time! [emoji111]🏾

Amen Brother.

Although I sometimes have to remind myself, I always try to be thankful for what I have, and be generous with it.

Good Day and God Bless.

Jason.

P.S. Sorry to hi-jack the thread. [emoji41]

I'm preaching to myself here too. I constantly go back and forth on what I want to do next. It's hard to sit back and just enjoy it the way it is.

So I run 37s on a d30. I'll start with the fact my km2s weight like 68lbs look up the weight of those bigger/ heavier nittos. It spells problems. Also, that's a lot of money for looks. I wheel pretty relaxed because I realize I don't have the money for repairs but you can do whatever you want.

I'd say 35s if you're not going to wheel, save the heart ache and money for a few years then build it right.

Thanks for the answers, i guess I'll just have to be happy with 35s for now

a Stock jeep with 35s and a budget boost will surprise you how much it can do, heck a stock jeep will surprise you once you get on the trails. enjoy the jeep how it is. Im running JKUR on 35s and budget boost and can do alot, about to do ALOT more once my new rock sliders come in, the last ones got bent up and did some tub damage, but hey its part of learning, take it slow and buy what is necessary not wanted. With the obstacles that require 37s and big lifts and axels etc. also require money to replace parts that are like it or not going to break. And you being in highschool i know the feels. my buddy is also in high school a junior to be exact and his on stock JKU with 35s and body lift ( hes going budget boost soon to replace body lift ) but i always advise him to buy neccessary stuff cause i know money isnt falling from the sky and hes content with it.

Top Bottom