23 High Tide vs 24 Willys XT

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would wait for the 2024. I had always had the 8.5 screen in my Rams and when the 12" came out I did not think it would be something I would like. My 2023 Ram 3500 has the 12 in screen and the Uconnect 5 is much nicer than the Uconnect 4. The addition of wireless Android Auto/Car Play is nice too.

Personally, this close to the 24s, I would wait - a few more safety upgrades, power seats in the 2024 also.
I don’t really think this screen will compare to the ram screen. Totally different.

Just saw a video on YT today, the '24 and prior JL grills are interchangeable...
I wondered about this.
Cause the 24 grille sucks.
I was just getting used to the look of the JL grille compared to the perfection of the JK grille and then the ‘24 cast me back into darkness.

amerikancheg

First of all Thank You for all the replies, it really helped.
Now please NOTE: Following is my personal opinion:
I went to dealership and got a glimpse of 2024, they didn't let me take pictures but i was right about my suspicions.
Pic (a) Awkward looking, over-extended to the right with about 2 inches of overlapping over passenger's panel dash without "right ending", just hangs there.
Like i said before, it looks like they just crazy glued tablet to the dashboard. Just slapped on it.
And on the left... Just look at it (b). It looks like a iwatch patch. There is nothing that plasticky and shiny across the whole dashboard, but just that one thing. There are no shiny panels on the dashboard, why would you put that one in??? So out of place.
And air vent can't be adjusted to go higher than chest. I've tried.
Other than that there are no changes from 2023. (Keep in mind Sport S/Willys (xtreme 35 inch package)).
P.S. It's the last of the Mohicans! Let's keep it different from all the Teslas, let's keep it boxy and cool.
Anyway, i got 2023 Hight Tide. New Jeep, new build. I'll be posting a lot of stupid questions. Help me out.
P.P.S. Yeah Yeah... I know it's too blue...

Attachments

• 2024.jpg
    2024.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2024_blue.jpg
    2024_blue.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 22
I use the round vent they are eliminating to keep my right hand and face cool. A vent which blows only mid-height can't do the same thing.

If the infotainment system offered real value such as allowing the user to add 'apps' according to their needs, then it would me much more useful. If phones and computers can do this for many years already, I see no reason why automotive giants can not provide such technologies as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First of all Thank You for all the replies, it really helped.
Now please NOTE: Following is my personal opinion:
I went to dealership and got a glimpse of 2024, they didn't let me take pictures but i was right about my suspicions.
Pic (a) Awkward looking, over-extended to the right with about 2 inches of overlapping over passenger's panel dash without "right ending", just hangs there.
Like i said before, it looks like they just crazy glued tablet to the dashboard. Just slapped on it.
And on the left... Just look at it (b). It looks like a iwatch patch. There is nothing that plasticky and shiny across the whole dashboard, but just that one thing. There are no shiny panels on the dashboard, why would you put that one in??? So out of place.
And air vent can't be adjusted to go higher than chest. I've tried.
Other than that there are no changes from 2023. (Keep in mind Sport S/Willys (xtreme 35 inch package)).
P.S. It's the last of the Mohicans! Let's keep it different from all the Teslas, let's keep it boxy and cool.
Anyway, i got 2023 Hight Tide. New Jeep, new build. I'll be posting a lot of stupid questions. Help me out.
P.P.S. Yeah Yeah... I know it's too blue...
Congratulations on your new Jeep and thank you for posting this up!

I personally really HATE that new infotainment system and based on what I just heard from you, even more now. The whole vent thing is just stupid too.

Top Bottom