2024 NEW YEAR's KICK OFF RUN

OK. Now for the promised back story. We are the proud owners of a 2013/14 Jeep Wrangler JK and a 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT.
The Wrangler is lifted on 37s with Evo rocker guards and a 3-4 inch lift. Susan has always had issues getting in and out of the Wrangler and we usually had a small collapsible stool that was a pain to deploy.
So when we bought the Gladiator the question of how high for the lift and what rocker guards to install came up. When we were at Off Road Evolution for an unrelated issue we saw a Gladiator with the Rock Slide step guards and "that's it!" I have to agree with her insistence. It is much easier on my stiff bones getting in and out of the Gladiator even though it is set at about the same height as the Wrangler and on 37s as well.
So now the decision for the New Years kick off. Gladiator or Wrangler.
I wanted the Wrangler since I haven't had it out of our garage since the Covid scare. Susan wanted the comfort and reliability of the Gladiator . I said we should take both. Susan didn't want to drive solo for the entire trip.
The answer...Get our son Danny to drive the Gladiator and I drive the Wrangler. I hope you will allow us to add two Jeeps to the crowd instead of our usual one.
I have added the mandated picture of the Jeeps, the usual suspects, and my son Danny in the hopes that you approve of our last minute addition.

View attachment 398798
Oh man, now I gotta help you air down 2 Jeeps? 🙄🤣

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If there is room, can you put me on the maybe list?
Will do!
I know we are late to responding, but Michelle and I would love to join.
View attachment 398778 View attachment 398780
Awesome! We were hoping the two of you could join us for this run :)
We live in Las Vegas, NV so if the run is in the area we would enjoy being part of the run.
Perfect! You've been added to the list and look forward to meeting the two of you.
Late to the party, but we would love to join. My name is Jesse Keller and my wife is Lizzy. We are thinking of staying a week or two before I have to be back to help guide for the Jamboree in Hurricane, UT. If anyone will be around longer than just New Years, we would love to link up for additional wheeling.

Our Jeep: JLU on 42's, Evo hc long arm, king coilovers, Fusion D60/D80 etc...
View attachment 398784
View attachment 398787
View attachment 398785
You've been added to the list and hope to see you soon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK. Now for the promised back story. We are the proud owners of a 2013/14 Jeep Wrangler JK and a 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT.
The Wrangler is lifted on 37s with Evo rocker guards and a 3-4 inch lift. Susan has always had issues getting in and out of the Wrangler and we usually had a small collapsible stool that was a pain to deploy.
So when we bought the Gladiator the question of how high for the lift and what rocker guards to install came up. When we were at Off Road Evolution for an unrelated issue we saw a Gladiator with the Rock Slide step guards and "that's it!" I have to agree with her insistence. It is much easier on my stiff bones getting in and out of the Gladiator even though it is set at about the same height as the Wrangler and on 37s as well.
So now the decision for the New Years kick off. Gladiator or Wrangler.
I wanted the Wrangler since I haven't had it out of our garage since the Covid scare. Susan wanted the comfort and reliability of the Gladiator . I said we should take both. Susan didn't want to drive solo for the entire trip.
The answer...Get our son Danny to drive the Gladiator and I drive the Wrangler. I hope you will allow us to add two Jeeps to the crowd instead of our usual one.
I have added the mandated picture of the Jeeps, the usual suspects, and my son Danny in the hopes that you approve of our last minute addition.

View attachment 398798
LOL - love the story and happy to have your son and your Gladiator along for the run :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note, the run should be capped off but I think we can manage with what we've got right now and typically, a few always end up dropping out so, we look forward to seeing you all soon!

Lodging information will be posted soon.

Jeeptime

Eddie and Cindy,

We appreciate being added to the list for 2024 New Years Kick Off Run.

Sharon will be piloting her Silver Zynith 2022 UNL Rubicon 392. I am her trusty co-pilot. A few upgrades to the Jeep, Toyo A/T 315, Falcon Shocks, Fox Steering Stabilizer, Warn Zeon Winch, ARB Twin Compressor. In the back we haul Yankum Off Road Recovery Kit, Morr Flate quad tire hose kit and the list goes on.

Steve and Sharon Jimenez

Attachments

• 20231129_114709.jpg
    20231129_114709.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 18

jpkjeep

Caught the Bug
If there is room, can you put me on the maybe list?

Will do!

Awesome! We were hoping the two of you could join us for this run :)

Perfect! You've been added to the list and look forward to meeting the two of you.

You've been added to the list and hope to see you soon.

We’ll be there! Can’t wait!

blazer

Caught the Bug
Yes.....so bummed out that I will not be joining this year's New Years run after going for the past 10 to 12 years.
I will be touring in Europe with my school group. Have a fun safe adventure.

Top Bottom