2021 jeep jlur rear recovery points

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20171202141323-7c760c96.jpg

JR-G

So, rather than spend money on a recovery point that you don't need, I personally would recommend that you reinstall your hitch receiver, install a D-ring mount so that you can pull from all angles and just let it drag off of steep climbs and descents. I guarantee you that it's no big deal :cool:
see there's a point, reinstall the hitch and then (buy) a D ring mount.
probably for the same $ I could get a right hook, if such a thing were available.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
see there's a point, reinstall the hitch and then (buy) a D ring mount.
probably for the same $ I could get a right hook, if such a thing were available.
Jesus you are something else. Make your own fucking hook or steal one from the Jeeps you’ve seen that don’t exist.

onlyone

The JK Recon and Hard rock editions came with 2 rear tow hooks.😬

:devilish:

Attachments

• A904C515-DE2E-4DF4-BC2E-6CD4CC1040BD.jpeg
    A904C515-DE2E-4DF4-BC2E-6CD4CC1040BD.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 12
  • FC0BBBDE-14C1-4469-867D-967C29C6A486.jpeg
    FC0BBBDE-14C1-4469-867D-967C29C6A486.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My 2017 JKUR Hard Rock has both sides. I just snapped a pic. I can’t remember if my 2015 JKUR had them and it has an aftermarket bumper now. Regardless, for a variety of reasons, I prefer using the hitches for recovery on both. 15903189-F8C6-4284-8202-86A73F0FB9C1.jpeg

TrailHunter

Hooked
I put a hitch on my 17 rubicon... bought it off a member here. It's slid over plenty of rocks... zero issues. You can also use it to add something like Eddies Hitch Stinger to protect the spare if needed... or a recovery point, or pull a trailer.... or a hitch vise. Or not.

JR-G

Guess I was wrong. OP is still a jackass though.
So whats worse Jackass or Smartass?
I'm sure you haven't called me what you really want as it might get you booted. lol
The hole pattern on the JK hook is different then the JL, otherwise I might go the midnight auto route. ;)
The thing is I wasn't asking about solutions, just wanting to know if anyone has heard about availability of 2nd hook for JL.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So whats worse Jackass or Smartass?
I'm sure you haven't called me what you really want as it might get you booted. lol
The hole pattern on the JK hook is different then the JL, otherwise I might go the midnight auto route. ;)
The thing is I wasn't asking about solutions, just wanting to know if anyone has heard about availability of 2nd hook for JL.
I can assure you I won’t get booted.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Look's Like u use the same nilights 4 back up as I do.

It’s the Jeep I built for my younger son. Nilights are a perfect way to go because they are inexpensive and easy to replace if they get stolen or broken (coming up on light bar #4 between my two boys and their Jeeps). The output, build, and beam quality doesn’t come close to higher end stuff though. I’m going all KC on my Gladiator.

Top Bottom