2021 jeep jlur rear recovery points

JR-G

Don't have trailer hitch and would like to add recovery point to right side rear.
Don't know why they didn't install this as the JK has them.

In seeing the responses I not trying to debate on point versus 2 points.
Just want to know if anyone else has added point to the passenger side.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's funny, I don't recall any of the 4 JK's that I've owned, 2 of which were Rubicons, having a passenger side rear J-hook.

That said, Maximus-3 makes something that replaces both recovery points but it's like $250. Kind of a lot of money for something you don't really need or at least, in my opinion.

JR-G

That's funny, I don't recall any of the 4 JK's that I've owned, 2 of which were Rubicons, having a passenger side rear J-hook.

That said, Maximus-3 makes something that replaces both recovery points but it's like $250. Kind of a lot of money for something you don't really need or at least, in my opinion.
that's interesting, my friend has a 2017 2dr Rubicon and has passenger j hook.
Other JK that I have wheeled with also have the same, if rubicon.
As for not needing in most cases I agree. Out snow wheeling the other day and I was slipping on trail to the right. Hooking up to the driver hook was causing my jeep to slip even further to the right. Because of the angles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that's interesting, my friend has a 2017 2dr Rubicon and has passenger j hook.
Other JK that I have wheeled with also have the same, if rubicon.
LOL - must be something they started doing just before the end of the JK. My 2007 Rubicon didn't come with any recovery points. My 2012 Rubicon just came with the one on the driver side. My other non-Rubicon JK's didn't come with anything - not even front recovery points.
As for not needing in most cases I agree. Out snow wheeling the other day and I was slipping on trail to the right. Hooking up to the driver hook was causing my jeep to slip even further to the right. Because of the angles.
How did you get out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
don't want hitch, jeep came with one I took it off. Always dragging on steep angles.
LOL - and you never hit your J-hook?

Dragging a little off steep angles is far from a reason to get rid of a GREAT recovery point. It's what I prefer to use on all my Jeeps but then, I'm just a mall crawler.

JR-G

LOL - must be something they started doing just before the end of the JK. My 2007 Rubicon didn't come with any recovery points. My 2012 Rubicon just came with the one on the driver side. My other non-Rubicon JK's didn't come with anything - not even front recovery points.

How did you get out?
repostion the jeep behind me so it was lots more to the left, and pulling on winch on bad angle.

JR-G

LOL - and you never hit your J-hook?

Dragging a little off steep angles is far from a reason to get rid of a GREAT recovery point. It's what I prefer to use on all my Jeeps but then, I'm just a mall crawler.
hit the j hook less then I did the hitch.
I take it your saying "I'm just a mall crawler." sarcastically. lol
That would be a debate for another time, 2 side points versus one in the centre.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we should all get 2 winches for the front of our Jeeps. One on each corner rather than just one in the center (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
not trying to piss you off but, read the edit to the orig. question.
one front and one back would suffice. ;)
LOL - not trying to piss you off, just elbowing you a bit.

In all seriousness, if you really want corner recovery points, I would highly recommend something like a bumper with D-ring mounts. That or go bumperless and install D-ring mounts in the frame rails :)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The JK never came with passenger side j hook. It’s driver side. I’ll believe passenger side when you show proof.

JR-G

LOL - not trying to piss you off, just elbowing you a bit.

In all seriousness, if you really want corner recovery points, I would highly recommend something like a bumper with D-ring mounts. That or go bumperless and install D-ring mounts in the frame rails :)
cant afford the bumper I want at this moment.
Isn't that jeep way of life$$$$$$$$$

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
cant afford the bumper I want at this moment.
Isn't that jeep way of life$$$$$$$$$
So, rather than spend money on a recovery point that you don't need, I personally would recommend that you reinstall your hitch receiver, install a D-ring mount so that you can pull from all angles and just let it drag off of steep climbs and descents. I guarantee you that it's no big deal :cool:

JR-G

The JK never came with passenger side j hook. It’s driver side. I’ll believe passenger side when you show proof.
I'm not going to spend my time looking, just saying what I have seen. It's likely that these jeeps have been bought used and had the extra hook put on before the bought.

Top Bottom