2020 Dirt Experience : Follow the Adventures of MOBY on the 10th Annual JKX

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, sorry Eddie. Did Motech have any clues as to what to do.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Talked to MoTech and they think it might be an ECM issue. They are overnighting a new one to our next hotel stop. Hopefully that will fix things.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Talked to MoTech and they think it might be an ECM issue. They are overnighting a new one to our next hotel stop. Hopefully that will fix things.

Man this sucks. Hope that solves it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Out of nowhere, we went into limp mode a couple of days ago. Nothing serious and once I cleared codes, we were moving again. Problem came back again while wheeling yesterday and to the point where Moby’s engine died and we couldn’t get it started again or, not without pulling him a bit with a strap. Today, problem got worse - constantly had to clear codes to get running and to the point where we couldn’t really drive even on the highway. Decided to call it quits and get towed to our next stop where we could give things a better look and figure things out.

Bummer😭

That is so 2020 though. Hopefully the new module gets things rolling again.

What really sucks is all the work you did to make sure not to be "that guy" again this year, and still the gremlins got you.

Best of luck for the rest of the journey 👍

Elroy231

Out of nowhere, we went into limp mode a couple of days ago. Nothing serious and once I cleared codes, we were moving again. Problem came back again while wheeling yesterday and to the point where Moby’s engine died and we couldn’t get it started again or, not without pulling him a bit with a strap. Today, problem got worse - constantly had to clear codes to get running and to the point where we couldn’t really drive even on the highway. Decided to call it quits and get towed to our next stop where we could give things a better look and figure things out.

Thats a bummer. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Hope its a quick and easy repair though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Oh man that sucks you had problems. Very frustrating I’m sure. Hope it turns out to be an easy and permanent fix.

jeeeep

Hooked

damn that sucks, hopefully something just worked loose and grounding out so you can get back to business quick!

edit: saw that motech is sending new ECM

Brute

Hooked

Hopefully this will solve the gremlins in the system...I went through three pcm’s in my JK6 before resolving an issue which shut down my engine while driving on the highway...this took a year to fix

Bierpower

Hooked
Hopefully this will solve the gremlins in the system...I went through three pcm’s in my JK6 before resolving an issue which shut down my engine while driving on the highway...this took a year to fix
It rarely seems to be an easy path when your dealing with custom setups.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

briand

I hope that Moby isn’t slowed down by this! It’s been good to see him stretching his legs again. Look forward to the updates and seeing Moby do what he does so well.

Top Bottom