2017 SEMA Strike Force Zebra

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Eddie and Cindy for making an awesome video, great shots of our products and for reporting on a great 2017 SEMA show. We are proud to be part of the WAL family!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was great seeing you guys out there and the video was our pleasure to make. I hope it helps to to sell a ton of your stuff :thumb:

I like the auto air device. I wonder about doing all 4 tires at once though as far as airflow from the compressor. I suppose the elapsed time would be the same if doing each one individually.

And the half doors are definitely a good looking product. What kind of solution would be best for color matching? Are they paintable? Vinyl wrap?

Airflow is the weak point here. We are opting to not remove valves in the stems. We may make a tool to do that too and increase airflow!

Paintable or you can wrap them. My white 15’ has warped on it and I messed up a door at EJS this year. Pulled out the heat gun and fixed it. Supper easy.

WJCO

Meme King
Airflow is the weak point here. We are opting to not remove valves in the stems. We may make a tool to do that too and increase airflow!

Paintable or you can wrap them. My white 15’ has warped on it and I messed up a door at EJS this year. Pulled out the heat gun and fixed it. Supper easy.

Great setup on the AIR thingy. Very cool. So just as a rough idea, with a Twin ARB being the air source, how long does it take to air up all four tires for you guys with this product? Assuming you are on 37s from 10 to 30 psi ? Just a rough guess. Also, do you have a rough idea on price of what this thing will cost ?

Great setup on the AIR thingy. Very cool. So just as a rough idea, with a Twin ARB being the air source, how long does it take to air up all four tires for you guys with this product? Assuming you are on 37s from 10 to 30 psi ? Just a rough guess. Also, do you have a rough idea on price of what this thing will cost ?

We are doing two comparisons tomorrow. Our dual arb Vs Powertank.my bet is that I’ll be faster with my dual ARB. I’ll post the times. The Powertank we ran at the show worked well! We are trying to keep it under $400.

WJCO

Meme King
We are doing two comparisons tomorrow. Our dual arb Vs Powertank.my bet is that I’ll be faster with my dual ARB. I’ll post the times. The Powertank we ran at the show worked well! We are trying to keep it under $400.

That's a great price. I may be picking one up. Anxious to see the ARB numbers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ve ran both, I loved the slider on my TJ. It’s really the best out of both in my opinion.

I stopped by their booth and let me tell you these are seriously a nice quality half door. I plan on getting a set for my JK.

I agree. I like the hard uppers as well but for 8 or 9 months a year, soft uppers are about perfect.

Just as a quick follow up, we’ve tested both dual ARB and Powertank( regulated to 100 PSI). All four tires (37” Nitto Trail Grapplers) Air down from 28 PSI to 11 in just under 10 minutes. Both systems aired back up (11 to 28 PSI) in just over 9 minutes. We even tried a few different connectors we have available. Pretty close results. That gives me time to undo/do my EVO disconnect and put on or take off my EVO mud flaps. And NOT pull those damn valves out!!!

BaddestCross

Just as a quick follow up, we’ve tested both dual ARB and Powertank( regulated to 100 PSI). All four tires (37” Nitto Trail Grapplers) Air down from 28 PSI to 11 in just under 10 minutes. Both systems aired back up (11 to 28 PSI) in just over 9 minutes. We even tried a few different connectors we have available. Pretty close results. That gives me time to undo/do my EVO disconnect and put on or take off my EVO mud flaps. And NOT pull those damn valves out!!!

How about an ARB single? 😎

Would adding a tank help?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Man, those half doors and uppers are sweet! I hope they make them for the JL and JT as well, when those come out. These are probably the best half doors out there. The fact that they have a rigid upper as well puts them over the factory half doors IMO. Never thought id say that about an aftermarket half door!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man, those half doors and uppers are sweet! I hope they make them for the JL and JT as well, when those come out. These are probably the best half doors out there. The fact that they have a rigid upper as well puts them over the factory half doors IMO. Never thought id say that about an aftermarket half door!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks!! Yes, we will make them for JL and JT for sure!

WJCO

Meme King

Thanks for the follow up. Those are great numbers.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Good vid, looks like some nice products.

I can say we use rotomolded plastic for some parts at work and that stuff is durable. If it ends up being anything like that (which I assume it will!) those are going to be some nice doors.

I don't really get the air up air down thing, but to each their own.

Good work guys! Keep it up, love the innovation!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought I would update a couple numbers here. I ordered 4 valve stem removal air down tools. I modified them to work with our connections. I wanted to see if by removing the stems if I.t would improve our numbers. On air up, we went from 11 to 28 psi in just over 7 minutes. That’s in a 37” Nitto Trail Grappler with a dual ARB compressor.

BaddestCross

I thought I would update a couple numbers here. I ordered 4 valve stem removal air down tools. I modified them to work with our connections. I wanted to see if by removing the stems if I.t would improve our numbers. On air up, we went from 11 to 28 psi in just over 7 minutes. That’s in a 37” Nitto Trail Grappler with a dual ARB compressor.

Awesome that you're improving the system! Are you using 3/8" tubing or 1/4"? Also, swapping in a hi-flow fitting on the ARB may help as well.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom