2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

Prime 17

Poison Spyder Crusher Flares and Rock Brawler rear bumper going on tomorrow. Tired of ripping my stock fenders loose when things get flexy. The way you guys are talking about Windrock I figured it's probably time to bite the bullet.
JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket!

thardy

Banned
Poison Spyder Crusher Flares and Rock Brawler rear bumper going on tomorrow. Tired of ripping my stock fenders loose when things get flexy. The way you guys are talking about Windrock I figured it's probably time to bite the bullet.
JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket!

Not really sure that new fenders are the answer to your issue. What lift and tire setup are you running? Are your factory flares cut?

Prime 17

35's on a 2.5" AEV lift with uncut fenders on a 2010 JK Rubi. It's never been an issue until the last couple runs where I've had the front left tire and the right rear tire off the ground at the same time. In that situation the rear rubs just enough to pop it loose from the cheap plastic tabs. I will gain 3" with the P.S. armor and I know it can't flex any farther than it already has so should be good. Trying to keep a low center of gravity with the 2.5 lift for both trails and road driving.always planned to get the fenders just not this soon but I figured what the heck.

thardy

Banned
35's on a 2.5" AEV lift with uncut fenders on a 2010 JK Rubi. It's never been an issue until the last couple runs where I've had the front left tire and the right rear tire off the ground at the same time. In that situation the rear rubs just enough to pop it loose from the cheap plastic tabs. I will gain 3" with the P.S. armor and I know it can't flex any farther than it already has so should be good. Trying to keep a low center of gravity with the 2.5 lift for both trails and road driving.always planned to get the fenders just not this soon but I figured what the heck.

I hear ya. Honestly, I'm surprised to hear that you're having that much rubbing on 2dr with that combination. I'm wondering if you have enough bump stop.

jkwebbie

I hear ya. Honestly, I'm surprised to hear that you're having that much rubbing on 2dr with that combination. I'm wondering if you have enough bump stop.

Shit I need less bumpstop on mine, I'm loosing like 1-1.5" of up travel in the front alone

Prime 17

Yeah, It's the dual sport lift. It has a nice stance but the springs are progressive and a bit softer than some other lifts. It drives and rides awesome on the road and the bump stops catch it when the surface is fairly level. However, when a back tire is off the ground the opposing rear tire is at a pretty good angle and it sets out far enough that it rubs the outside edge of the fender. I took all the fenders off last night and the new stuff is going on tonight. I'll double check the bump stops but pretty sure it won't be an issue anymore. I shoot out an update after I get the new armor on. Thanks for the tips!

[emoji8]

God I thought it was more like a year since you had them before I came back home lol

I got those when I got my axle shafts. I think. Hell I don't remember. They've been hanging out for a while.

Now they're installed. Get off my fucken back already! :bleh:

Top Bottom