2016 throttle pisses me off

Ddays

Hooked
I know when I put mine in 4lo it turns it all off in my 16. Maybe the automatic trans jeeps keep it on? Haven’t had an issue with mine coming on with the manual.

So my '14 will sometimes cut power when in 4LO and in manual mode. Esp on a steep climb - exactly when you DON'T want it to. Leave it in std auto mode and no issues.
My 19 JLU does the exact opposite: in auto mode it'll butt in and sputter sometimes. Manual mode leaves you alone.

MericaMade

Didn’t know I could do it with Jscan rather than a switch. I’ll have to check it out
Yeah there are two options. This completely kills it untill you enable it and your dash stays lite up like a xmas tree.

Option 1 under the offroad screen.
Screenshot_20211025-090644_OBD JScan.jpg

Option 2 under adaptation and tire and axles.
Screenshot_20211025-090708_OBD JScan.jpg

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Yeah man. As I brought up earlier in the thread, guys are using their code readers to disable. Great option for those who don’t want to pull the J6 or their console and cut wires.

black pearl

Hooked
So my '14 will sometimes cut power when in 4LO and in manual mode. Esp on a steep climb - exactly when you DON'T want it to. Leave it in std auto mode and no issues.
My 19 JLU does the exact opposite: in auto mode it'll butt in and sputter sometimes. Manual mode leaves you alone.
But it’s still a auto trans…even in manual mode. I was referring to a actual manual trans vs. a auto. It was just a thought I had, maybe being the reason it’s happening.

metalic

Thanks everyone and I’m glad others found this useful also.
I’ve decided I don’t want the JScan route and have picked up a normally closed momentary button to wire in. That way I can hit button when I want it disabled and it will automatically reset when key is cycled next

MericaMade

Thanks everyone and I’m glad others found this useful also.
I’ve decided I don’t want the JScan route and have picked up a normally closed momentary button to wire in. That way I can hit button when I want it disabled and it will automatically reset when key is cycled next
Jscan works and shuts everything off....the switch dosent. I have both and don't use the switch anymore only use Jscan.

Ddays

Hooked
What Bill said ^^. The switch kills the ESC and anti-lock brakes totally.

What I was referring to in post #22 was a stumbling when the auto is put into manual mode. On a very steep climb or obstacle, the computer will sometimes cut the throttle out and limit power. If the stick is left in auto it doesn't occur. The JL is the exact opposite - I sometimes forget and put the JK into manual mode & regret it.

MericaMade

I thought if you cut the wire it kills it
The switch does kill everything
What Bill said ^^. The switch kills the ESC and anti-lock brakes totally.

What I was referring to in post #22 was a stumbling when the auto is put into manual mode. On a very steep climb or obstacle, the computer will sometimes cut the throttle out and limit power. If the stick is left in auto it doesn't occur. The JL is the exact opposite - I sometimes forget and put the JK into manual mode & regret it.
Having both I can tell you there is a difference when using the Jscan vs the switch. The switch still allows the jeep to pull the power and throttle from you where Jscan shuts everything off. I was out in Pink Coral sand dunes when I was testing between the two. The jeep was not cutting the throttle with Jscan and was still cutting the throttle with the switch off. We tested on 3 jeeps that had the switch and jscan and everyone felt Jscan worked better then the switch.

From my understanding and I could be wrong, the switch just stops the modules from talking to each other but are still working independently. The Jscan turns the modules off so there is no communication at all.

Ddays

Hooked
Having both I can tell you there is a difference when using the Jscan vs the switch. The switch still allows the jeep to pull the power and throttle from you where Jscan shuts everything off. I was out in Pink Coral sand dunes when I was testing between the two. The jeep was not cutting the throttle with Jscan and was still cutting the throttle with the switch off. We tested on 3 jeeps that had the switch and jscan and everyone felt Jscan worked better then the switch.

From my understanding and I could be wrong, the switch just stops the modules from talking to each other but are still working independently. The Jscan turns the modules off so there is no communication at all.
Hmm. Curious now. Is it OBD JScan?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I haven't had the switch cut power when it was turned off, but I know you guys have pushed your jeeps harder than I have

Top Bottom