2016 throttle pisses me off

metalic

My wife’s 16 will cut power when tires spinning trying to get out mid hole or up obstacle.
I know it’s the traction control but is there anyway to completely shut it off? I’ve read about adding a switch to the purple/light blue wire in center console. Is this the only way to bypass it?

Ddays

Hooked
My wife’s 16 will cut power when tires spinning trying to get out mid hole or up obstacle.
I know it’s the traction control but is there anyway to completely shut it off? I’ve read about adding a switch to the purple/light blue wire in center console. Is this the only way to bypass it?
It does work. I did this to mine and haven't turned the switch back on in over 2 years.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
I did the momentary switch with the cover. So it does exactly what you’re looking to do. Everything comes back on after restart. I know when I did mine there were 2 light blue wires with a purple stripe. Of course I cut the wrong one first.
Guys are also using the JScan to shut the traction control off. Pulling the J 6 fuse doesn’t sound like a good option for you.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Did you guys wire a toggle? Couldn’t I use a momentary button to disable that way it resets when the ignition is cycled?
Yes on a toggle in the center console. Once to turn it off, you need to toggle it back on, then restart the jeep to turn everything back on

jesse3638

Hooked
Are you in 2hi or 4hi when this happens? If you push and hold the ESC button for 3-5 seconds when you're in 4hi you can totally disable it too.

Ddays

Hooked
4lo the ESC should be off completely. If it's not something may be wrong. Unless something changed for the 2016 models.
Sumbitch will still kick on. Holding the button in doesn't kill it totally either. It'll butt in when you really don't want it to. The JL's are even worse

metalic

4lo the ESC should be off completely. If it's not something may be wrong. Unless something changed for the 2016 models.
Sumbitch will still kick on. Holding the button in doesn't kill it totally either. It'll butt in when you really don't want it to. The JL's are even worse
Exactly
It doesn’t do it often but when it does it’s when I need throttle

jesse3638

Hooked
Exactly
It doesn’t do it often but when it does it’s when I need throttle
Hmmmm I've never had this happen. I've experienced it plenty of times out at the dunes in various vehicles. I ran the shot out of my JK there too and once I held it in it never gave me and problems. Things may have changed as mine is a 2012. It's definitely an "Oh shit" moment when playing in the dunes and your side hill trying to throttle out and it's limiting you. Thought we were gonna roll for sure.

MericaMade

Hmmmm I've never had this happen. I've experienced it plenty of times out at the dunes in various vehicles. I ran the shot out of my JK there too and once I held it in it never gave me and problems. Things may have changed as mine is a 2012. It's definitely an "Oh shit" moment when playing in the dunes and your side hill trying to throttle out and it's limiting you. Thought we were gonna roll for sure.
The switch works but Jscan has an option to disabled everything and it works great especially in the dunes.

black pearl

Hooked
I know when I put mine in 4lo it turns it all off in my 16. Maybe the automatic trans jeeps keep it on? Haven’t had an issue with mine coming on with the manual.

Top Bottom