2015 WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run Photo Highlights

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, What an amazing trip! I knew when Andrew and I first talked about doing the Rubicon over a year ago it would be an epic adventure but little did I know just how much awesome sauce it would actually contain…

With so much time in planning and lots of pavement between us and the iconic trail, this trip was about more than just the trail itself, but also meeting friends in person that Wayalife has brought together through the forum.

Since we are a “stop and smell the roses” kind of family, our trip and pictures started far before our arrival at Camp Wayalife.

We started out 5 days before the run (Thursday, July 9th)
After Alana got off work we hit the road. The plan was to work our way over to just outside St. Louis, covering some fairly boring and familiar land through OH, KY, IN, and IL.

Awesome trip report Jay! That was an awesome read - thanks for posting that up :thumb:

We definitely need to hook up and go wheeling again soon. Who knows, maybe Moab would be a good time to do that :cool:

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Hey Joey, it was great to wheel with you again and I really can't thank you enough for all the awesome Cliff Bar products you brought out for everyone. Cindy and I snacked on them the whole trip and know that everyone else did too. You rock :rock:

No problem, so glad to help make the trip better even if it's just with snacks. Can't wait to wheel with you again too! 😄👍🏻

Slavens

Caught the Bug
There was a lot of talk about Moab 2017 with all of us ( East and West ) just saying I could be in for that =)

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
2017........What about Moab 2016........I'm down for either......matter of fact I'm looking to make it a yearly trip :rock:......it's what I'm going to do after I retire anyways so I might as well get a head start on it now......

~Woodrow~

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Wow, What an amazing trip! I knew when Andrew and I first talked about doing the Rubicon over a year ago it would be an epic adventure but little did I know just how much awesome sauce it would actually contain…

With so much time in planning and lots of pavement between us and the iconic trail, this trip was about more than just the trail itself, but also meeting friends in person that Wayalife has brought together through the forum.

Since we are a “stop and smell the roses” kind of family, our trip and pictures started far before our arrival at Camp Wayalife.

We started out 5 days before the run (Thursday, July 9th)
After Alana got off work we hit the road. The plan was to work our way over to just outside St. Louis, covering some fairly boring and familiar land through OH, KY, IN, and IL.

I think i was about his age, maybe younger the last time I was in the Arch, and I'm only an hour away from downtown. The swaying back and forth when its windy is an experience thats hard to describe, definitely a little sketchy. I wish I would've known you'd be passing through, would've met you for a :beer:

I think i was about his age, maybe younger the last time I was in the Arch, and I'm only an hour away from downtown. The swaying back and forth when its windy is an experience thats hard to describe, definitely a little sketchy. I wish I would've known you'd be passing through, would've met you for a :beer:

It's all good... we were not 100% on the stop at the Arch. (Largely due to the weather.) It was raining when we started into downtown. If it wasn't for Kegan's excitement we likely would have skipped it and tried again on the return trip.

In the end, the lighting made for some cool pictures.

YoungFire

Originally wrote this up in our Sedona broken arrow thread but as I do not know how to link to it I'll just put it here too as the continuation of our trek!!

--
So another trail in the books for us!
We hit up Broken Arrow, had fun seeing the pink jeeps and them also loving ours :) got to chicken point and the famous steps. So glad we made it down here!
View attachment 155238
View attachment 155239 View attachment 155240
We learned Broken arrow is not part of the jeep badges but SchneblyHill trail is, so we jumped up to that and ran it all the way up, over and through to I-17! Much more interesting then just taking the highway through the valley from Sedona to flagstaff :yup:
View attachment 155241 View attachment 155242 View attachment 155243 View attachment 155244
View attachment 155245

Thank you everyone for your advice and help! Off eastbound for New Mexico and Texas today as the cross country adventure continues!!!

as the cross country adventure continues!!!

I'm soooo glad you guys are smelling the roses a bit more on the way home! I can't wait to meet up with you again soon as you pass us :)

Honestly our trip to/from the trail was as fun for us and as much of an adventure... If only we would've had the same great company that we had on the trail to experience it with.

Panda

Originally wrote this up in our Sedona broken arrow thread but as I do not know how to link to it I'll just put it here too as the continuation of our trek!!

--
We hit up Broken Arrow, had fun seeing the pink jeeps and them also loving ours :) got to chicken point and the famous steps. So glad we made it down here!
View attachment 155238
We learned Broken arrow is not part of the jeep badges but SchneblyHill trail is, so we jumped up to that and ran it all the way up, over and through to I-17! Much more interesting then just taking the highway through the valley from Sedona to flagstaff :yup:
View attachment 155241 View attachment 155242 View attachment 155243 View attachment 155244
View attachment 155245

Thank you everyone for your advice and help! Off eastbound for New Mexico and Texas today as the cross country adventure continues!!!

Awesome pics guys! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

--
View attachment 155238
View attachment 155245

Awesome!! Looks like you guys are having a blast :thumb:

JayKay

Caught the Bug

--
View attachment 155238
View attachment 155245

Man....I can't wait to make a trip out for the Rockin Rubicon Run 2036!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: Looks like you guys have had an incredible trip! What an engagement celebration!!!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Man....I can't wait to make a trip out for the Rockin Rubicon Run 2036!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: Looks like you guys have had an incredible trip! What an engagement celebration!!!

Honestly I will say it was extremely cool to meet and wheel with the folks that traveled thousands of miles to run the Rubicon. They now know the type of wheeling that is available out west and although I know it was a huge sacrifice for them to take the time off and the cost to make it happen, it would be really cool if more members were able to make it. :yup:

Top Bottom