2013 Billet JKUR SLOOOOW Build

mcsjk

So it's pretty easy to do without a quick disconnect? I don't plan on running the antenna all the time since it's my daily driver and it likely won't fit into the garage with it on. I'd love to take you up on the coax!

Oh really? I was planning to do a spring and a quick disconnect, but maybe the disconnect needs to be left off. Do I need any other mount then though? Is it just the coax to antenna mount to (quick disconnect if used) to spring to antenna?

I actually installed mine yesterday, with the Firestik Firering it is really easy. Just coax onto the bottom of the antenna mount (bolt goes through the ring and up through the mount), a couple of washers, and the antenna screw thingy (sorry, not sure what the proper name is) and then if you wanted a quick disconnect or spring it would screw into that. If you wanted both you would just stack them on top of each other.

GeckoGlow

Here are pics from the Firestik website. Antenna/Spring/QD goes on top of the coupling nut. I'll PM you once I have the coax ready. Just so you know, I only have the coax, bolt, and washer to send you. Had to reuse the other stuff for my setup.

MK-FR001.jpg

MK-FR002.jpg

I actually installed mine yesterday, with the Firestik Firering it is really easy. Just coax onto the bottom of the antenna mount (bolt goes through the ring and up through the mount), a couple of washers, and the antenna screw thingy (sorry, not sure what the proper name is) and then if you wanted a quick disconnect or spring it would screw into that. If you wanted both you would just stack them on top of each other.

Okay good deal, thanks!

Here are pics from the Firestik website. Antenna/Spring/QD goes on top of the coupling nut. I'll PM you once I have the coax ready. Just so you know, I only have the coax, bolt, and washer to send you. Had to reuse the other stuff for my setup.

MK-FR001.jpg

MK-FR002.jpg

Awesome, thank you. So I'll just plan to order a spring... do I need any hardware to mount the antenna other than that? Sorry if I'm being dense.

GeckoGlow

No extra hardware needed to mount the antenna. The spring and antenna are already threaded, just screw them together.

That link to the mount looks like it should have what you need. Truck stops also carry CB stuff. You can check there as well.

No extra hardware needed to mount the antenna. The spring and antenna are already threaded, just screw them together.

That link to the mount looks like it should have what you need. Truck stops also carry CB stuff. You can check there as well.

Okay so I do NOT need this: http://www.amazon.com/FireStik-K4-An...ZVRVSNWYPQQKBY

I'll order without it. I can always order it or go find a place to pick up parts if needed. Thanks!

DESERTDAD

I love these threads even though they end up costing me a lot of money.
I just ordered my CB and will be doing all of this next weekend.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Didn't even realize you had a build thread going! It's come along way! Let me know if you wanna buy my 35s, they're about 50% tread and quiet for daily driving...I'm just getting the itch to upgrade :brows:

Didn't even realize you had a build thread going! It's come along way! Let me know if you wanna buy my 35s, they're about 50% tread and quiet for daily driving...I'm just getting the itch to upgrade :brows:

:-D

I'll think about it. Every opportunity I've had to buy second hand has confirmed the thought that I just need to go ahead and buy 37's new when the time comes.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
:-D

I'll think about it. Every opportunity I've had to buy second hand has confirmed the thought that I just need to go ahead and buy 37's new when the time comes.

You are an eye witness to how they do off road...surely surprised the heck out of me! Now it's talking the boss into a set of Cooper STT Pro's or ST Maxx's, haven't decided between the two yet.

EZ-E

You are an eye witness to how they do off road...surely surprised the heck out of me! Now it's talking the boss into a set of Cooper STT Pro's or ST Maxx's, haven't decided between the two yet.

Get the STT Pros so I can check them out in person. 😁

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Get the STT Pros so I can check them out in person. 😁

Probably will, just because there isn't much difference between the two as far as aggressiveness, other than the STT being a little more open. Greg's gotta buy my AT3s so I can put that money towards a new set ;)

Well, we had a great day of wheeling in Saturday until...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445890612.389872.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445890622.239603.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445890632.606451.jpg

Luckily, everyone was safe. My wife and daughters were in the Jeep but all were buckled and no one was hurt and the recovery went smoothly.

Jeep actually made out with surprisingly little damage. Cleanup begins this week.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445890717.123561.jpg

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
glad to see everyone is ok! also looks like you took almost no damage at all. just a few beauty marks now ;)

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Man, glad to see everyone was OK. I'm sure it was not fun lol! The Jeep doesn't look too bad though. Hopefully it will be easy to get it back in the condition it was. Keep us posted and again, glad to hear you were all ok!

glad to see everyone is ok! also looks like you took almost no damage at all. just a few beauty marks now ;)

I'm amazed. No damage to sheetmetal that I can see. A few scratches in the top, the fenders might get chopped (they were going to be done at some point anyway), and a few scratches on the a pillar but it doesn't even look like it went through the clear.

Wow! Glad that you all are ok. Looks like your Jeep decided to take a nap. Lol

I know! LAST obstacle of the day too. Jeep was all "Nah, I'm just gonna roll over and take a naaaaaap!"

Man, glad to see everyone was OK. I'm sure it was not fun lol! The Jeep doesn't look too bad though. Hopefully it will be easy to get it back in the condition it was. Keep us posted and again, glad to hear you were all ok!

Me too! I'll keep you all posted as I get it cleaned up. :thumb:

I'll try and get the video posted of the recovery too. Luckily I shut the engine off immediately and we just had a little oil leak onto the exhaust that smoked. Ran it as little as possible until we could get it on flat ground and then checked fluids. All of which looked okay. Drove it the hour ride home and into work this morning - seems we escaped major mishap. Knock on wood.

^Added video link to the post above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom