2012+ Exhaust Loop Mod for EVO Long Arm?

VMSHack

While this is true, it's also false. Haha.

The science behind equal length headers is to balance pressure pulses in the exhaust system that are created when the exhaust valves open. This offers more efficient combustion chamber evacuation, and thus, a more efficient engine, both in power, and economy.

Now, The classic Subaru "rumble" is from an UNEQUAL length header from the factory.
Most guys who are serious about their power goals will replace the factory with an equal length, which offers DRAMATIC differences in the dyno plot under boost. We're talking 30-50+ ft-lbs depending on how modified were talking. The only "downside" is you lose the "signature sound" and you are now less likely to experience ringland failure... while this is a Jeep forum, if you dig hard enough, you will find that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Subarus also... but anyway...

For this thread, here's my pic

View attachment 284379

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Lol thanks for the correction on Subaru, I’ve never owned one just heard about they came that way lol [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Some good info in this thread. If you want to learn more exhaust theory the roadkill guy does webisodes on an engine dyno called engine masters on youtube. Show the differences of h pipe x pipe. Headers vs manifold. Cheap vs expensive mufflers. Bashing in a set of headers a lot of cool stuff with actual data, it’s a fun watch if you’re bored.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Some good info in this thread. If you want to learn more exhaust theory the roadkill guy does webisodes on an engine dyno called engine masters on youtube. Show the differences of h pipe x pipe. Headers vs manifold. Cheap vs expensive mufflers. Bashing in a set of headers a lot of cool stuff with actual data, it’s a fun watch if you’re bored.

Not sure whether I saw the same video but I was a little shocked to see how much damage they had to do to the headers before there was any change at all.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Hey everyone, I have the Evo high clearance long arm kit on order and started looking into the loop modification. Does this loop relocation work with this particular kit?

MericaMade

Hey everyone, I have the Evo high clearance long arm kit on order and started looking into the loop modification. Does this loop relocation work with this particular kit?

Good question and I would like to know as well. My plan is to order the LA kit in the next week or so as and was looking around at the exhaust mod yesterday in the instructions.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Good question and I would like to know as well. My plan is to order the LA kit in the next week or so as and was looking around at the exhaust mod yesterday in the instructions.
Ddays just told me in another thread:

There really isn't a need to buy the loop if you can re-weld the old one back together. It's like a logic puzzle getting it back in place 180 degrees opposite of the original install.

MericaMade

Ddays just told me in another thread:

There really isn't a need to buy the loop if you can re-weld the old one back together. It's like a logic puzzle getting it back in place 180 degrees opposite of the original install.
Ok, so is it like this? I am thinking about doing this first before the arms go on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-103730_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710-103730_Photos~2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 16

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yup, that’s about right 😂

Deleting the the loop didn’t have an effect of the system. My guys welding skills on the other hand, well….

I had the guy that built the exhaust for the scrambler has some good ideas for it for a fall project. He’ll also gain a bit of clearance on the muffler
That was more directed at the flexible tube comment lol

Top Bottom