2012+ Exhaust Loop Mod for EVO Long Arm?

Tree Frog

I thought this was one of the bigger challenges in doing the Evo long arms.
I could not figure out how in the heck you are supposed to reweld it.
I guess you could get it up there, tack it then pull it all off and weld it out.
If the heat pulls the exhaust at all, your going to have a very hard time getting back together.

My easy way was to cut out the loop, even cut off that clamp thing. Added some small sections of exhaust tubing, and welded those out, to make up the distance I needed. (After flipping it around)
Then get some of the stainless band clamps for exhaust. Jegs, Summit or even a good local shop may have them.
I fitted everything real tight so there was minimal gap then put the band clamps on each end of the loop.
Works great. Over 20,000 miles and no leaks.
Also will still be easy to remove.
I posted some photos back then.
I think the OP was Ralphman5.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I only found one other thread from 2013 but was wondering if anyone had other solutions for the EVO long arm brackets and interference with the exhaust loop. It looks like you have to cut it out and reverse it? I see rough country makes one but have heard it doesn't work with the EVO bracket.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Other thread I saw: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?10521-Exhaust-Clearance-Double-D

the rough country loop wont work. it changes the loop from vertical to horizontal, so effectively does nothing to help Long arm clearance.

What you ACTUALLY need to do is FOLLOW this instructions and cut the loop out perpendicular to the jeep

(READ: NOT perpendicular to the pipe, the frame at that location or anything else. straight, true and ultimately perpendicular to the centerline of the jeep)

that will allow you to flip it over (the exhaust loop, not the jeep) and weld it back in. Being a smart ass, I figured I was interpreting the instructions incorrectly, and cut out the loop perpendicular to the tubing, you know, to have nice squared off ends... As such, I couldn't weld it back up. I still have it held together with flexible exhaust tubing and exhaust clamps :mad:

Last edited:

aTX427

Does anyone have pictures of the correct way to cut the loop? I installed an AFE loop delete the last time and had a noticeable seat of the pants power reduction.

twoxstreem

I too also installed an AFE loop delete after installing my long arms and I found that both the exhaust note and power were unpleasant.

Does anyone have pictures of the correct way to cut the loop? I installed an AFE loop delete the last time and had a noticeable seat of the pants power reduction.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

the rough country loop wont work. it changes the loop from vertical to horizontal, so effectively does nothing to help Long arm clearance.

What you ACTUALLY need to do is FOLLOW this instructions and cut the loop out perpendicular to the jeep

(READ: NOT perpendicular to the pipe, the frame at that location or anything else. straight, true and ultimately perpendicular to the centerline of the jeep)

that will allow you to flip it over (the exhaust loop, not the jeep) and weld it back in. Being a smart ass, I figured I was interpreting the instructions incorrectly, and cut out the loop perpendicular to the tubing, you know, to have nice squared off ends... As such, I couldn't weld it back up. I still have it held together with flexible exhaust tubing and exhaust clamps :mad:

?? if your WHOLE jeep is the Horizon. Cut the loop on each end PARALLEL to the Meridian, flip the loop over, and weld it back. exactly like I stated above.

meridian_pointers_s.jpg

EVOs instructions:

2017-08-07 12_34_52-234533.pdf.jpg

Last edited:
MAG_Loop_Delete_Kit_15313_JK_2.jpg

[h=1]Magnaflow 15313 Loop Delete Kit[/h]
Get one of these guys i have one on mine and no problems and i have the magnaflow exhaust as-well and it's been great.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Magnaflow 15313 Loop Delete Kit
Get one of these guys i have one on mine and no problems and i have the magnaflow exhaust as-well and it's been great.

There is a reason why the loop exists. Deleting it may address clearance issues but it isn't really the best solution. Here are a couple of shots of what the loop should look like once flipped.

20171126174503-04d03f71.jpg

20171126174500-81fab6da.jpg

There is a reason why the loop exists. Deleting it may address clearance issues but it isn't really the best solution. Here are a couple of shots of what the loop should look like once flipped.

20171126174503-04d03f71.jpg

20171126174500-81fab6da.jpg

Why does the loop exist and why is it needed? From my experience and from what i was told the loop is there because the manufacture realized there was two much power and had to slow it down, this also came from a guy that has been working on exhaust for over 30 years. I have a loop delete on my rig and have no problems and sounds amazing, but of course i also have the exhaust made by them as-well.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Why does the loop exist and why is it needed? From my experience and from what i was told the loop is there because the manufacture realized there was two much power and had to slow it down, this also came from a guy that has been working on exhaust for over 30 years. I have a loop delete on my rig and have no problems and sounds amazing, but of course i also have the exhaust made by them as-well.

The engineers at Jeep, put it there so it would be a problem for everyone that bought a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked

The exhaust i believe is tuned, meaning the pipe on the drivers side is the same length at the passenger side. This is for better performance of the engine.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
from what i was told the loop is there because the manufacture realized there was two much power and had to slow it down, this also came from a guy that has been working on exhaust for over 30 years.

Never heard that one.. regardless, the loop is there for a reason. You should probably re-install it, but glad to hear you haven't had problems yet

The engineers at Jeep, put it there so it would be a problem for everyone that bought a Jeep.

Lol [emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Apparently, you're the self-proclaimed expert here.

Top Bottom