1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
It would be fun to just get lost in putting it together, but work really get in the way. This part of the job is the hardest to do a little at a time.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Haven’t barely touched it. We’ve been gone almost every weekend this summer and I’ve been working dawn till dusk every week day. Hopefully things will slow down soon snd I can try to get back into it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haven’t barely touched it. We’ve been gone almost every weekend this summer and I’ve been working dawn till dusk every week day. Hopefully things will slow down soon snd I can try to get back into it
Glad to hear you're busy and getting out on the weekends. This is a quality problem (y)

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m glad to hear that you’ve been busy! Sounds like it’s been a great summer 👍

wjtstudios

Hooked
I haven’t gotten anything done, but this arrived and I’ll drop it off for PC next week.

BE95F22E-8BE1-4E9A-A708-239EF5A79661.jpeg
It’s at upgraded tire carrier made by TNT customs.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Looks awesome. Is that custom built?
Built by TNT customs. It’s definitely beefy when you compare it to the stock mount that I had welded plates and a bunch of other bandaids too trying to keep it from not self destructing with a 33” on it. This thing will carry up to a 37” so it should be fine with a 35”.

I have a question as I wasn’t into Jeep’s back in the day that you’re restoring this to, or possibly alive? What year again? 🤣🤔.
Will this look right for the vintage when completed? Specifically the circles / dome-died holes.
5620E58B-B64C-4DD6-82CB-A907E64FAE3B.jpeg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have a question as I wasn’t into Jeep’s back in the day that you’re restoring this to, or possibly alive? What year again? 🤣🤔.
Will this look right for the vintage when completed? Specifically the circles / dome-died holes.
View attachment 366348
Yeah, I struggle a bit with how it looks, but it’s the only body mounted option out there that can carry a 35” tire. The spare will cover most of the circles. I’m starting here, if I hate it once it’s all done, I’ll probably design out a new swing arm or modify that one. But I hope once it’s powder coated black, it will mostly disappear

Top Bottom