1948 Willys CJ-2A

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Sometimes you find the Jeep, and sometimes it finds you!

Back story.
My first vehicle was a 1950 CJ-3A. It was totally original and I drove it everywhere. When I joined the military in 1983 I had to sell it. I always regretted it and swore that someday I’d find another Willys.

Flash forward to present.
A guy in my neighborhood has a 1948 Willys that he drives around the neighborhood every weekend. He drives by my house each time and sees all the Jeeps in my driveway and observes me always working on them. Due to personal reasons he decides to sell it, he reaches out to me because he knows the Jeep will have a great home and he can come visit it.

Info:
This is a 1948 Willys Jeep that started out as a work vehicle for a logging company in PA. It is all original, wheels, engine, transmission, transfer case, axles etc. It has been converted to 12V. The color was originally grey. The new color is a close match to an original factory color.

The owner brought it over for me to ‘check out for a couple days’. You know where that’s going! 😂🤣

More pictures and info to follow!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Back story.
My first vehicle was a 1950 CJ-3A. It was totally original and I drove it everywhere. When I joined the military in 1983 I had to sell it. I always regretted it and swore that someday I’d find another Willys.

A guy in my neighborhood has a 1948 Willys that he drives around the neighborhood every weekend. He drives by my house each time and sees all the Jeeps in my driveway and observes me always working on them. Due to personal reasons he decides to sell it, he reaches out to me because he knows the Jeep will have a great home and he can come visit it.

Info:
This is a 1948 Willys Jeep that started out as a work vehicle for a logging company in PA. It is all original, wheels, engine, transmission, transfer case, axles etc. It has been converted to 12V. The color was originally grey. The new color is a close match to an original factory color.

The owner brought it over for me to ‘check out for a couple days’. You know where that’s going! 😂🤣

That is awesome and makes the purchase even better. Looks like it's in great shape too!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Back story.

Info:

@piginajeep has a similar story. Guy was driving his Willy’s up a hill and lost brakes and the Jeep rolled backward and flipped and killed him. He bought it. 👍🏻

WJCO

Meme King

Back story.

Info:

That's awesome. How many miles on it? Any rust?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
That's awesome. How many miles on it? Any rust?
No rust at all. I’ll need to check the miles and post back.

It was the proverbial barn find. After being used in the family logging biz it was parked in a barn for several years. Then it was restored. The original owner died and nobody from his family wanted it. It was then sold to the guy I bought it from.

jeeeep

Hooked

Back story.

Info:

That's a great story! It's a clean rig (y)

Traciehue

Back story.

Info:

The seller told me, “I don’t want it to end up in California”.

Top Bottom