15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice job on the new Energy Suspension boots. I must have missed it but what problem were you trying to cure?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Nice job on the new Energy Suspension boots. I must have missed it but what problem were you trying to cure?

The loose fit of the boot and losing the grease in the rod end. It would all squeeze out the boot after about a week or so. When I'd pull the boot up there'd be hardly any in there. Figured not only would this lead to premature failure of the rod end, but also the shitty fit allowing debris and water and such in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The loose fit of the boot and losing the grease in the rod end. It would all squeeze out the boot after about a week or so. When I'd pull the boot up there'd be hardly any in there. Figured not only would this lead to premature failure of the rod end, but also the shitty fit allowing debris and water and such in.

Ah, got it. I was over-thinking things and thought that maybe there was something else going on beyond the obvious :crazyeyes:

Colorado10A

Really nice Jeep....good job on the build. I like anvil. I just got done trimming up the pinch seams on mine last night to "fit" the 37s..think I still need a bit more..looks like you got after them quite a bit. Off Topic - Noticed you are an IC&E... curious which plant you work at? No biggie if you would rather not say. Keep up the good work.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Really nice Jeep....good job on the build. I like anvil. I just got done trimming up the pinch seams on mine last night to "fit" the 37s..think I still need a bit more..looks like you got after them quite a bit. Off Topic - Noticed you are an IC&E... curious which plant you work at? No biggie if you would rather not say. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I didn't actually do any trimming. The 15's come cut like that from the factory. I had a little rubbing but fixed that just by relocating the axle a little. I work for Calpine, at Los Medanos Energy Center. Are you in the industry?

Colorado10A

Thanks! I didn't actually do any trimming. The 15's come cut like that from the factory. I had a little rubbing but fixed that just by relocating the axle a little. I work for Calpine, at Los Medanos Energy Center. Are you in the industry?

Ha ha...wow. I worked for Calpine from 2001 - 2006. I'm familiar with LMEC...right down the street from Delta. I was and still am a PI guy. I work for Peak Reliability now.

rl206

Hey, so what's your thoughts/review on the Pro grips? Would assume you've driven them a little by now

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey, so what's your thoughts/review on the Pro grips? Would assume you've driven them a little by now

They're awesome and I'd definitely recommend them. My Jeep basically stopped like shit after putting on a tire and wheel package that weighs over 130lbs. Had a bad front end dive too. Stopping is back to how it was when it was stock. A bit more brake dust but that's no biggie.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Installed my ARB twin compressor and manifold. Pretty easy except for getting everything on the manifold oriented properly so nothing would interfere with A/C lines. This thing is pretty awesome. Not as fast as my CO2 tank but it will be nice to have the extra space.

IMG_1336.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Nice update. It's a sweet machine.

It definitely is. Made it out to the trail today so I got to test it out. Aired up my 37's from 6psi to 28psi in 2min 45sec. Obviously that's a per tire number. It did get hot as many have stated but did the trick without issue. I'll probably have a CO2 setup for sale here shortly.

rl206

Nice! I keep going back on forth if the double is worth the extra money. I just threw 35"s on and I only intend to go to 37"s but its a big price jump between the double and the next step down. You happy w/ it mounted under the hood? I was debating mounting interior to help w/ heat but wasn't sure on the noise as I've never heard one run in person.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Nice! I keep going back on forth if the double is worth the extra money. I just threw 35"s on and I only intend to go to 37"s but its a big price jump between the double and the next step down. You happy w/ it mounted under the hood? I was debating mounting interior to help w/ heat but wasn't sure on the noise as I've never heard one run in person.

Yea it's spendy but so is practically everything involved in building a jk. I'm happy with it under the hood so far. There's a ton of people that run them mounted there without any issue with heat. It is pretty loud but I still think mounting it in the interior would be fine. Typically the only time it will be running while you're in the jeep is for locker actuation, so it would only run a couple seconds. For filling tires you're outside the jeep so it doesn't really matter how loud it is, unless you have passengers that opt to stay in.

Top Bottom