12' Gecko Build

desertrunner

Sweet thanks for the reassurance guys, I just pictured the second I took the axle out it just flopping right on the front bumper. I think I am going to take a ratchet strap and run it through the stinger and through a ceiling joist just for some added reassurance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

just got my flashcal and timkin unit bearings ordered. :thumb:

still holding off on a compressor for the lockers for now, i know the ARB CKSA 12 will work fine for my needs but i kinda want to wait until my dynatrac order comes in so i know what im dealing with for air lines and switches and stuff.

and the rest of the parts will prob have to wait until i get the pr44 installed before i can check on control arms, possibly taller springs, and measure for my 1350 front drive shaft. Waiting on my dynatrac order has re vamped my jeep fund so im really really tempted to say F it and go straight in to the 37s while i have it all torn apart.....

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm really enjoying your build, of course I'm partial to gecko lol. Your doing everything I wish I was talented enough to do..

desertrunner

I'm really enjoying your build, of course I'm partial to gecko lol. Your doing everything I wish I was talented enough to do..
Thanks! I do really love the gecko so glad I could get my hands on one!

i wouldnt call myself talented, i just spend way too much time reading on here and am lucky enough to have a big garage full of tools haha.

Last edited:

desertrunner

Just got word from dynatrac that my pr44 is complete and getting it's final inspection and my package should be shipped today or tomorrow!!!!! Can't freaking wait!!!

Still have a long road ahead of me with the install and so many variables to work though but my build is moving along.

JKbrick

Just got word from dynatrac that my pr44 is complete and getting it's final inspection and my package should be shipped today or tomorrow!!!!! Can't freaking wait!!!

Still have a long road ahead of me with the install and so many variables to work though but my build is moving along.

There goes being able to get to sleep till it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

There goes being able to get to sleep till it arrives

Congrats. It's a beautiful site when it arrives.
RIGHT! I was a little bummed out since it was supposed to be completed by the 6th but when I emailed Steve he CCd me on an email he sent to QC guy saying hey his order is complete and he was expecting it last week so ship it out ASAP. I guess I could have waited a little longer before tearing my jeep apart but oh well. Needless to say I have been checking my email like every 2 hours for a tracking number haha.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RIGHT! I was a little bummed out since it was supposed to be completed by the 6th but when I emailed Steve he CCd me on an email he sent to QC guy saying hey his order is complete and he was expecting it last week so ship it out ASAP. I guess I could have waited a little longer before tearing my jeep apart but oh well. Needless to say I have been checking my email like every 2 hours for a tracking number haha.

Like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to come I’m sure [emoji41]

desertrunner

Well after 2 weeks of frustrating phone calls and emails with dynatrac my PR44 finally shipped. Should be here Thursday and of course I'm about to go on a 2 week TDY to Alaska. Hopefully this weekend I can at least get it bolted up to the stock suspension and see what I'm working with.

I think I am going to start with all the stock control arms and the 4dr springs, if it doesn't line up right, I'll order some adjustable uppers. If the coils are still bowed too much I will probably get a set of evo 2" plush rides up front and from there I shouldn't have a problem getting it dialed in. Of course that would mean longer shocks. Once the ride height is dialed in then I can do measurements for the 1350 front drive shaft.
I haven't even begun to think about the rear suspension but it's really going to depend on how I do with the front and then of course I still have to work in time with a shop a few hours away to install the new gears and locker in the rear.....

Let the fun begin

desertrunner

So my first clearance issue I'm seeing is the raised track bar on the axle is about 2.5" away from the frame at ride height. I'm gonna need a lot more bump stop on the passenger side.

20171025_205449.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Being that you're in the middle of it now, remove the coils. It's a ton easier to set up the bump stops with the coils out of the equation.

desertrunner

Being that you're in the middle of it now, remove the coils. It's a ton easier to set up the bump stops with the coils out of the equation.
Yeah my first step I wanted to see if the coils were gonna bow. Now that I don't think that's gonna be an issue I'm gonna pull the coils and cycle it and check all clearances. Haven't even thought about drive shaft stuff yet haha.

Top Bottom