12' Gecko Build

desertrunner

Just pulled the trigger today on a dynatrac trail leader package, now time to play the waiting game can't wait to get it all installed. Plenty more posts to come once the parts come in!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Finally, lol. So I assume the housing with extra caster? Congrats. Glad you pulled the trigger.

desertrunner

Finally, lol. So I assume the housing with extra caster? Congrats. Glad you pulled the trigger.
Right!! I'm sure my 4 threads about what to do was getting annoying.

Yeah I just went full on trail leader package which is the housing with the extra caster. I am not entirely sure how well it will set up on 1.5" of lift but I'm going to start with stock lower control arms and adjustable uppers and see what I get out if it. I'll take a ton on pictures of every step that way I can share my findings.

So freaking excited I can't wait to get to work on it!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Just pulled the trigger today on a dynatrac trail leader package, now time to play the waiting game can't wait to get it all installed. Plenty more posts to come once the parts come in!!!

I could be wrong about this but the trail leader package says that it's only for non-rubicon models, but since you put a rubi transfer case you essentially have a rubicon now. So I'm not sure if there is any comparability issues there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I could be wrong about this but the trail leader package says that it's only for non-rubicon models, but since you put a rubi transfer case you essentially have a rubicon now. So I'm not sure if there is any comparability issues there.

It's likely referring to the rear axle housing and locker set up. Rubicon requires 2 different length shafts, so their package would have to be have different set up options. Transfer case shouldn't have any impact on the rear axle set up.

desertrunner

Yup just as Ben said the reason why it's non Rubicon only is because the Rubicon rear axle shafts are a different length to accommodate the stock rubi locker, and is completely unrelated to the transfer case.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
It's likely referring to the rear axle housing and locker set up. Rubicon requires 2 different length shafts, so their package would have to be have different set up options. Transfer case shouldn't have any impact on the rear axle set up.

Yup just as Ben said the reason why it's non Rubicon only is because the Rubicon rear axle shafts are a different length to accommodate the stock rubi locker, and is completely unrelated to the transfer case.

Ok, I didn't know for sure. Thought I'd throw it out there justin case.

desertrunner

How's the build coming?

Just started to deconstruct my front end to pull out the D30. My pr44 should be here Oct 6th so just been slowly pulling things off and I measured for some longer shocks. I need to get another set of Jack stands still to support the frame and the axle to pull it out. My dynatrac order wiped my jeep fun so until that order comes in I have nothing to do.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Just started to deconstruct my front end to pull out the D30. My pr44 should be here Oct 6th so just been slowly pulling things off and I measured for some longer shocks. I need to get another set of Jack stands still to support the frame and the axle to pull it out. My dynatrac order wiped my jeep fun so until that order comes in I have nothing to do.

You can get some stands at HB for cheap.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Should I be worried at all about those Jack stands locations? I really feel like as soon as I take the weight off of the springs that the weight of the motor is just going to make it pivot and fall on the front bumper..... or am I just being overly parinoied?

20171001_210933.jpg

Looks good to me. But test it before you get under it, carefully push down on the front see if it moves. I have a tendency to slide one of the tires underneath it to just incase it shifts and drops off the stands, but I have trust issues with my parking brake.

BaddestCross

Should I be worried at all about those Jack stands locations? I really feel like as soon as I take the weight off of the springs that the weight of the motor is just going to make it pivot and fall on the front bumper..... or am I just being overly parinoied?

View attachment 278343

Lol. I have the same paranoia, but I have yet for it to happen. I would chock the rear tires, though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed as well, looks fine. If you want to go overkill, you could stack some wood or another tall jackstand or something under the front bumper. Just make sure you have plenty of room to still work under there.

Top Bottom