12' Gecko Build

desertrunner

Welp both sliders are on and all the beadlocks are mounted and the spare is back up on the back. About the only thing I'd like to get some before the Rubicon next summer is some sort of steering upgrade with a big bore box or maybe hydro but it's time to shift focus to the 4dr and a new truck purchase

desertrunner

small update to this build, i ended up pulling the PRP seats out. I still had the stock drivers seat as a garage chair so that went back in and now im in the market for some new seats. But for now the 2dr is a 1 seater and hopefully ill purchase some new seats in the next month or two. I have my eye on the corbeau trailcat seats but time will tell what i end up with

Jsouder53

Hooked
small update to this build, i ended up pulling the PRP seats out. I still had the stock drivers seat as a garage chair so that went back in and now im in the market for some new seats. But for now the 2dr is a 1 seater and hopefully ill purchase some new seats in the next month or two. I have my eye on the corbeau trailcat seats but time will tell what i end up with
We’re just not a fan of the PRP seats?

desertrunner

We’re just not a fan of the PRP seats?
The wife ended up hating the fixed back and wants to recline. For me the angle of the seat and the way the side bolsters were it kinda put me in a hunched position and the head rest super far away so made my neck sore pretty quick. Flying Hueys as a job already has me sitting with shitty posture and wearing a helmet puts a strain on my neck so it just wasn't comfortable for me. Sucks because the seats are really nice, built well, I like the fabric, they held you tight for off roading but my neck was always Killin me after being in them for even 10 mins.

desertrunner

Got some new seats ordered today. Went with a set of Corbeau A4s in leather. got about a 3-4 week lead time on the leather right now but ill post up my thoughts when they come in. Being in Minot ND not a lot of options to go try out seats and honestly the A4s are almost an exact match in size and shape as our Secret Lab office chairs that the wife and i love so seemed like a fairly safe bet. I ended up not getting the lumbar support installed as then they become a "custom order" and cannot be returned. Based on some reviews it does sound like i can install them after the fact if i want to later so more to follow in a month or so.

desertrunner

The new corbeau seats showed up today. Too bad the sent me the cloth ones not the leather that I ordered. So back they will go. It will be a few more days until the leather ones show up. But I did get to sit in them and try them out and they are going to be much better than the PRPs I had

WJCO

Meme King
The new corbeau seats showed up today. Too bad the sent me the cloth ones not the leather that I ordered. So back they will go. It will be a few more days until the leather ones show up. But I did get to sit in them and try them out and they are going to be much better than the PRPs I had
Dear Lord. You waited 4 weeks and the wrong ones came in? Hope you get the ones you ordered quickly.

desertrunner

Dear Lord. You waited 4 weeks and the wrong ones came in? Hope you get the ones you ordered quickly.
Tell me about it.... the cloth ones were I stock too so I was only waiting on the leather then they sent the cloth. Idk the guy on the phone sounded super embarrassed and set up the pick up of the wrong ones.
I still gotta figure out what's going on with the right rear brake shit anyways so it won't change much

desertrunner

First one is in. Definitely way more comfortable than the PRPs I had IMO. The leather is nice quality. The side bolster is a bit tight on the B pillar takes a little effort to push it in front or behind it. Center console has plenty of room though. Definitely sit a little lower than stock so I might try to modify the drivers side to sit higher we will see once I get that one in. 20211110_203011.jpg 20211110_203039.jpg

desertrunner

Looks great! Aside from the B pillar
yeah if it becomes too annoying i might try to oval the holes on the mount to shift it to the middle more but im going to try it out first. the passenger one will mostly be behind it anyways but i have a feeling the driver one im going to want it to be sitting right on it based on where i have the stock seat set now. its not that difficult to get past but takes some effort

desertrunner

Both are in! So my initial assessment is the corbeau mounts are lame. $250 for a few pieces of bar steel welded together but they bolt right in so I guess that's nice. The drivers side doesn't rub the B pillar as much as the passenger so I'll take it. The seat height is actually comparable to stock. I like sitting high and I don't feel too low in these. The reclining mechanism seems to be the only quality thing I'd say might have longevity issues. If you rock in the seat it has more play than I expected but we will see how they do off road. Overall with 0 road miles I'm happy with my purchase and they are definitely better for me than the PRPs I previously had
20211111_192624.jpg

Top Bottom