10k with a 1/2 ton

desertrunner

If you have reasonable expectations about your towing, a properly setup 1/2 ton such as a f150 EB CC 6.75’ max tow may be just fine. That looks to be rated about 13,800lbs with 2,640lbs payload, which is actually more “rated” weights than a lot of loaded f250s. I’d say your 10k trailer gvw is about right as that’s what mine about grosses. For everyone saying they’d only run 80%, this is less, in the low 70s percent capacity. And these days the SAE ratings are pretty legit.

I definitely would not go long haul though without brakes on both trailer axles, a good weight distributing hitch, etc, etc. If you don’t plan to throw dirt bikes etc in the bed, you should be fine on payload, however do verify the rear axle rating. I wouldn’t plan on running the west coast at 80mph, 65 and a bunch of fuel stops is probably more like it.

The Ford full-size truck cabs are very family friendly. The surround view cameras definitely help with in town driving.
i have played that convo over and over in my head trying to justify why it would or wouldn't be just fine. Honestly it partly comes down to price because that properly equipped F150 EB is more expensive than the F250. My wife and i have exhausted all of our research and test drives and we have finally landed on a gas GMC 2500. Most likely gonna order it because no dealers are really stocking gas 3/4 tons. and currently GM is not having the same chip issue as Ford with their 2500s. Hope to be driving one home early October and with rebates at our local dealer should come in about 1k south of invoice which i cant complain too much about in the current market.

wjtstudios

Hooked
i have played that convo over and over in my head trying to justify why it would or wouldn't be just fine. Honestly it partly comes down to price because that properly equipped F150 EB is more expensive than the F250. My wife and i have exhausted all of our research and test drives and we have finally landed on a gas GMC 2500. Most likely gonna order it because no dealers are really stocking gas 3/4 tons. and currently GM is not having the same chip issue as Ford with their 2500s. Hope to be driving one home early October and with rebates at our local dealer should come in about 1k south of invoice which i cant complain too much about in the current market.
No bad at all, you’ll love it and there’s not a safer vehicle on the road than a full size pick up for your family to ride in

desertrunner

Went into the GMC dealer yesterday and got our build put together based on there ETA we are going to wait a week or two to time it when we want to take delivery. But a Gas GMC 2500 AT4 should be getting built for us soon

Top Bottom