01WJ build

JeepWJ

Pull the front drive shaft off and test drive it. See if issue is still there. At least that will give you a starting point.

Done all that. Drives fine without the front drive shaft but the back still vibrates. Took them both to the balance shop and rear is fine but the front was little off balanced so they did balanced it. put it back on and sounds like everything is binding in the front and the rear still vibrates.

Imo at his point everything is point at wrong pinion angles but none of these so called jeep experts listens to me. :mad:

I installed the lift kit and most of the stuff but took it to a shop to install the control arms and my guess is set the them at wrong length. I'm not a mechanic but I am good with the wrench so if I can't get this new shop to figure it out I'll watch some youtube videos and learn how to set my pinion angles myself. lol

Sorry to thread jack Ty Mitchell. :(

ty Mitchell

Lol it's all good I hope you're able to find and fix the problem. And if you're able to do the work on your own I say do it I have and have had min issues

JeepWJ

Lol it's all good I hope you're able to find and fix the problem. And if you're able to do the work on your own I say do it I have and have had min issues
Thank you. :)
And yes I'd say you had some issues too. Lol. At least I didn't have to swap my engine.

cforgerson

Sweet build dude. That's a great looking wj and I'm definitely subscribed. Going through this makes me miss my old grand ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462929943.060548.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
OK so I'm half way done with the fenders. I still have to trim the bumper back a couple of inches so The tires don't rub, other than that so far so good

When you did your bushwackers, did you remove the tires or leave them on? And about how many hours did it take? I'm hoping to pick some up in the next couple of weeks.

WJCO

Meme King
I actually had the tires on but they weren't the 33's. I had to put the flares on in order to get the bigger tires on

Gotcha. Pretty sure I can leave my 32s on the front, but on the rear, it's really close. It will probably be easier to just pull em. Then after the flares, I'm doing 33s as well. Hoping this all comes together in the next couple of weeks.

And if u have all the tools necessary shouldn't take u more than 2-3 hrs or less if u have help

Ok. Good deal.

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure when intake off the front wheel that you cut the pinch weld back

Thanks for the tip. I assume you're talking about the one that sticks out that could potentially pop the tire? If so, both my front ones are already trimmed. I've actually done enough trimming in front, I bet I don't have to do a lot, I'll check the Bushwacker instructions just to make sure.

Ddays

Hooked
Is Ty still on here? Any updates? Nice rig so far!

Y'know, every time I see one of these WJ's built like this and WJCO posts up pics of his on a run, I get the itch to look for a low mileage one . They look tough as hell on 35's :thumb:

Y'know, every time I see one of these WJ's built like this and WJCO posts up pics of his on a run, I get the itch to look for a low mileage one . They look tough as hell on 35's :thumb:

Do it. Only downside is the accessories normally cost a bit more and less options. Bumpers, lift kits, etc. still have the same / better axles, has the optional v8 (couldn’t get that in a tj) good amount of wheelbase, plus creature comforts. I miss my Zj some times.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Man, they are out there. Nobody has cash in this town. I've been offered to trade a Harley, 65 mustang and dirt bike, Mercedes...mine is still for sale!

Top Bottom